Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BetaBLK360

Matterport + Leica BLK360 Beta6669

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

From the Matterport website:

"Matterport’s immersive media platform now supports the high quality data captured by the Leica BLK360 imaging laser scanner. This will allow you to use a BLK360 with Matterport’s platform to create, visualize and collaborate on larger indoor and exterior real world spaces in an immersive 3D walkthrough experience."

"Matterport’s immersive media platform now supports the high quality data captured by the Leica BLK360 imaging laser scanner. This will allow you to use a BLK360 with Matterport’s platform to create, visualize and collaborate on larger and exterior real world spaces in an immersive 3D walkthrough experience."

"If you have a BLK360, we would like to invite you to join our Beta program!
Whether or not you are a current Matterport customer, you can use your BLK360 to create Matterport immersive 3D. Lend a hand in creating the best possible experience for Matterport and BLK360 users."

Source: Matterport
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Leica BLK360 $18,500 + iPad + Tripod

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: BLK360

----

FAQs from the Matterport website ...

----

(Some) Frequently Asked Questions on the Matterport-BLK360 Integration (Source: Matterport)

What is Matterport’s BLK360 integration?

The Leica BLK360 is a LIDAR-based scanner. It is exceptional in its small size and ease of use. Matterport, in partnership with Leica, has enabled the BLK360 to work with our immersive 3D platform so that the BLK360’s versatile capture abilities can be seamlessly integrated with the Matterport capture workflow.

How is the BLK360 different from Matterport’s Pro or Pro2 cameras?

The Leica BLK360 offers these advantages:

✓ Exterior scanning, with full geometry-capture
✓ Ability to scan further, with a range of well over 100 feet (30 meters)
✓ Higher accuracy than Matterport devices (downloaded through the BLK360 app)

Why would I want to use the BLK360 with Matterport?

The BLK360 used alone can capture almost any kind of space, including both building exteriors and interiors. With Matterport, spaces can be viewed in immersive 3D or VR so that users can view them interactively while designing, building, managing or selling/leasing a space.

Matterport Pro/Pro2 cameras can be used in the same project as the Leica BLK360. This makes it easy to scan smaller spaces quickly and obtain very high quality imagery. Scans from the two cameras are joined together seamlessly.

How do you use the BLK360 with Matterport?

The BLK360 can be used with the Matterport Capture app for iPad almost exactly as if it was a Matterport Pro/Pro2 Camera. Each time a scan is made with the BLK360, a square icon (rather than a circle for Pro/Pro2 camera scans) appears on the Minimap. You also have to set the HDR and Scan Density for the BLK360 when you scan. Read detailed instructions on how to scan.

When should I use the Leica BLK360 and when should I use a Matterport Pro/Pro2 camera?

The Pro/Pro2 cameras are best for capturing higher quality imagery, indoor use, and for scanning quickly.

The BLK360 can be used for building exteriors or interiors and is also good for capturing tall and wide-open spaces. In addition, users can download dense/accurate point clouds from the BLK360 to other apps, such as Recap Pro. Learn how.

Source: Matterport
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport Newsletter, Wednesday, 21 March 2018

Matterport Blog (26 September 2017) Matterport opens its immersive 3D capture and distribution platform to third-party hardware
Post 3 IP   flag post
CTownMedia private msg quote post Address this user
This looks like an awesome collaboration and I have a project right now that I wish I had one of these to use already. Anyone wanna lend me 18k?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VistaDesignPro

1. Make the sale
2. Buy the camera

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Matterport + Leica BLK360 Beta is the topic for WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) on Friday, 13 April 2018.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll have something to share by April 20 if I don't get rained out on the 18th.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Looking forward to seeing it!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I am beyond excited and seeing what it is capable of doing. I'm hoping that I'll be able to inspire not only some of the MSPs that are curious, but inspire potential clients for both myself and others by what I capture

I'm just staying mum incase the whole thing fails to work
Post 9 IP   flag post
Absolutely, I'm definitely excited about this and am looking into the capabilities of both cameras combined. @metroplex360 I'm gonna send you a PM real quick too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Friday, 20 April 2018:

Mashing Up BLK360 and Matterport with @Metroplex360 Chris Hickman

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) today, Friday, 13 April 2018:

Matterport Plus Leica BLK360 Beta

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Matterport + Leica Geosystems BLK360 Beta: Why This Matterport Partnership Matters to You

@leonvanzweel

Thank you for joining me on WGAN-TV Live at 5 today. Here is the recording (above).

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
101629 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?