Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Mirrors

Matterport Mirror mark-up confusion6663

Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
When marking up a mirror in the editor, the label says ‘FRONT’. Does that mean the arrow points at the front of the mirror therefore at the wall it is hanging on, or does it mean reflective front, therefore you must point the arrow into the room?

Thanks in advance.

Angus
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Arrow into the room.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, this is one of those where I second-guess myself sometimes too. JuMP is correct, the arrow needs to be pointing into the room.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I've was told that the arrow for marking the mirrors should point to the wall not the room. That's what I've always done. My scans turn out OK and I don't get an error message when in a room with a mirror that's been marked that way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@rzphotoman @angusnorriss
Below is the picture from Matterport site:

And the original page below:
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/208863888-Mirrors
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP Thanks for sharing that. When I first bought my camera, 2-3 months ago I was accompanied on my 1st scan with the sales rep from the Matterport Chicago office. He offered to help me with my first scan since it was a block from his office. As I was scanning the space the first error message we got was because of a mirror. We couldn't get past that scan and he was confused and had to call his office for help. That's when he said we need to mark the mirror with the arrow pointing towards the wall and when we did we were able to move on. I just checked that first scan and every mirror is marked that way.

I never saw the page you just shared so I now know that what the Matterport rep told me was not correct and the arrow should face into the room. What I don't understand is how that scan, and every scan I've done since with the mirror arrows facing the wall, has worked without any alignment problems.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@rzphotoman I think the only problem you may get is when you have a special wall and there are two mirrors back to back on the both side of the wall.
If you mark wrong direction it may get problem.

Normally the scan process will generate a hole at the mirror area if you don't mark it.
After you mark it, Matterport generation code will add a piece of rectangle to cover the whole at that place.
Matterport can get the direction information from the mesh file of the room so the direction of your mark may not be very important.
But if in the two sides mirror special case you marked direction may be work.

I am guessing, I never try.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?