Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone who has used Embedly please tell me the benefit of using it. I haven't had time to do a bunch of research into it so I thought I would put the infinite wisdom of this forum to work.

It looks like it just embeds into places that accept iFrames. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

What problem are you trying to solve?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod
I'd like to be able to embed iframes in places that don't accept iframes. Like places that accept the Matterport share link but not iframes for instance.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Matterport will embed on any site on this Embedly Customer list: just enter the Matterport link.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod
Does that mean that iframes will embed on any site on that list? I'm interested in things other than Matterport.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod

I see Airbnb on there. Does that mean we could embed MP on a rental's page through Embedly?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Richierichks
@DanSmigrod

I see Airbnb on there. Does that mean we could embed MP on a rental's page through Embedly?

Wow! That's the million question.

Can you let us know the results of your testing with Matterport to Airbnb?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Yeah, that would be huge! I'll dive into it!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys...just a quick addition here:

From Embedly's website:
Embedly makes it easy to display, control and measure third party content in your application or website.

They have a set of requirements that their "providers" must meet and (once approved) they provide a standardized output of that provider's content. On the other side of things, websites/apps that want to leverage this standardization of content can pay Embedly for the ability to lean on their API to present 3rd party content.

For instance, Matterport uses Embedly's API in order to offer "media" embeds inside Mattertags.

This means that Matterport's developers don't have to track changes to hundreds of different supported services to make sure that the content is properly formatted for display inside a Mattertag. For a fee, Embedly manages all of those connections and Matterport then need only manage one connection to Embedly.

All "providers" for Embedly are listed here:

http://embed.ly/providers

This way, when you paste a URL to some bit of content into your Mattertag, Matterport then references the Embedly API to see if the content provider you've pasted is supported. If they're on the list, then the appropriate embed code is returned inside the Mattertag. It's a slick system that makes it easy for developers since they can trust that the content being returned from Embedly's API will be consistent.

(Perhaps somewhat unique, Matterport is both a "customer" and a "provider" for Embedly. They use Embedly's API service as a "customer" and also supply their content as a "provider" to be embedded elsewhere.)

That said...there's no guarantee that a "customer" of Embedly (say, Airbnb) has code in place that will automatically convert a "provider" URL (say, Matterport) into a fully formed <iframe> embed.

This conversion (URL to embed code) is reliant on specific per-tool programming on the customer's end of things (like what we see happen inside Mattertags). To my knowledge, it isn't yet something that is offered as an Airbnb/Matterport collaboration....but would certainly be great if it ever came to be!

Hope this helps clarify some.
Post 9 IP   flag post
tekxpertt private msg quote post Address this user
Wow Amazing discussion on the topic, It's very helpful discussion on the Embedding. Is it possible for the embedded in the Mozilla Firefox PC any particular device?

Thanks for sharing your views!!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Short answer:

Embedly has two services.

Service #1 is a free embed code with a code generator that will create an iframe embed out of anything. For sites that already offer an embed code, embedly already knows how to use it and makes the experience of embedding consistent across all platforms. S paid version without branding exists too.

Service #2 is an enterprise solution that allows embedding of content to be added to a larger frameworks. This is what Matterport are doing. The benefits of using embedly for Matterport are firstly simplicity. It just works. The second is that they can choose which providers to allow. And then I imagine that an additional benefit would be analytics on platform usage and engagement.

---

Embedly is not a tool for embedding contents on sites that prohibit iframes.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?