Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objFloor Plans

NON-Matterport 2D Floor Plan Service6610

immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I know I saw a thread on here somewhere that probably answers my question, but I can't seem to find it...

We are in the process of phasing out our Matterport virtual tour services for most of our clients and I need to find some new providers of some services we used Matterport for, specifically 2D Schematic Floor Plans.

I'm looking for a company that can produce printable 2D floor plans from non-Matterport generated high-resolution .obj files. I have a provider for larger commercial properties, so I'm just looking for a company that can do residential properties of less than 4000 sq ft on average. Of course being affordable enough to allow for a decent resale return is an important consideration.
Post 1 IP   flag post
frontcover private msg quote post Address this user
I need this also.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces @frontcover
There are three options that I know of that are familiar with creating floor plans from .obj files
BLUE SKETCH
MP2FP
AMAYACAD
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces would you please refer below post:
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6581/page/1/mpembedcom-minimap-google-analytics-more/#28

We can generate x-ray style floormap from any OBJ file automaticly.
So maybe you can send me one of your Non-Matterport OBJ file, we can have a try.
If the x-ray style floormap can meet your requirement, it will be very cheap compare to the floorplan generated by manpower.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@JuMP Thank you, but I don't think the x-ray map would work for our needs. Our clients need formal floorplans for real estate marketing use.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@leonvanzweel Have you worked with any of them? I reached out to MP2FP to see if they could make floorplans from non-matterport .obj files, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@immersivespaces

We Get Around offers a high-end schematic floor plan service: FloorMe.

Our licensed architect of 13+ years, @YairYepez, can work from files such as .obj, .rvt and .skp to create 2D renderings. We can deliver the files as .dwf and .dwg, for example.

Is this what you are looking for?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Hi Dan, I actually looked at the FloorMe service. It's really great but a little overkill and a too expensive for our needs. Realtors in our market pay about 7-9ยข per sq ft for floor plans that are used strictly for marketing purposes, so the margin is not great to start with. Because there are so many companies here that specialize in floor plans, it's really just an add-on to our other services that we don't make any money on. Before Matterport, we used a 3rd party service that would come in and manually draft them. With Matterport we were able to at least see a little profit on them, but now we've gone back to manually generated floor plans until we can find the right match for using OBJ files from the structure scans.

Here is an example of what we provide our realtors. There are no other deliverables except the PDF of the floor plan, so it's pretty simple:

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces

Thanks for the backstory.

Seems like Blue-Sketch or MP2FP would be a great fit.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
harshp private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces

Here is an example of what you get for $49.95 with Insidemaps (Floorplans included, volume discounts available)

https://www.insidemaps.com/project/pV4i5Hj35U/listing

Floorplan-only packages start at $34.95 for upto 2000 sq ft. and $15 for every 1000 sq ft over that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?