Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCamerasPricingScanning

Please advise: FASTEST way to create 3D tour6558

mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I've been using matterport for about a year and I'm looking to add a second option for rentals and low-end properties to get a virtual tour with minimum time, effort and expense.

Quality and user experience are less important as long as a user can walk from room to room. Dollhouse and floorplans are not crucial either.

My main goal is to be able to hand out a small 360 cam and monopod for my team to take on the job and then with minimum effort they can take it out and create a tour which will be automatically stitched together and available for embedding on the web.

I am currently looking into immoviewer and cupix, but I would love to hear opinions and experience from other forum members.

I'm glad to be a part of such a wonderful community. And thanks Dan for your awesome work in creating and maintaining this community with such important information.

With love,
Michael
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mikeb

I :love: this question.

The minimum requirements for a 360 1-click camera are:

✓ Google certified: easily and quickly publish to Google Maps.
✓ 4K
✓ HDR
✓ Video
✓ Livestream
✓ stabilization
✓ pole mount at bottom of camera to minimize logo patch size

Variables to help you Decide:

✓ software
✓ workflow
✓ stand alone or pairs with smartphone

My top three choices at the moment:

Insta360 One
Ricoh Theta S
Ricoh Theta V

I could make the case for any of these (and more). For a Pro photographer - making a decision based on your notes - I would go with Insta360 One because the workflow will be similar if upgrade to the Insta360 Pro down the road ...

(And, thank you for your kind note. Only possible because of WGAN Forum Members like you.)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan,

Publishing to Google Maps won't work for my needs as I am shooting residential property and the owners do not want them publicly on Google. I share them privately on my website to registered users.

I am currently using the Theta S and as far as speed and quality it's great. So my question really is which software will quickly and automatically create a walk-through tour by connecting 360 photos.

Cupix is sort of trying to do that but they are still in beta. Immoviewer costs as much as hosting Matterport and requires manually connecting the panos.

So is there any other software out there?

Can GSV be used privately such as making a YouTube video private or unlisted?

Thanks again for all your help.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mikeb

I only suggest GSV certified cameras to keep options open.

(Anyone reading this would kick themselves if they bought a non-GSV certified camera and then had an opportunity to shoot a business.)

I need to get on the road now ...

Related WGAN Discussions ...

Platforms for Hosting 360º Photo Spheres
Hosting Platforms for 360º Photo Spheres
✓ WGAN Discussions tagged: 360

I look forward to hearing what others have to say on the processing and hosting.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?