Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CUPIXtheVRkit

theVRkit and Cupix6541

Cupix Head of Product Strategy pcollart private msg quote post Address this user

CUPIX 3D Tour | theVRkit + Cupix 3D Tour Example

---

I saw some recent posts on theVRkit and thought to post a Cupix 3D Tour with panoramic images generated with theVRkit. Please see the tour here ... clickable text

This house might look familiar to some of you. It is the same house used for the "Compare 3D/VR Platforms" article I wrote back in December 2016 and published on the We Get Around Forum. You can still find the article here ... clickable text. I know the Matterport tour is no longer available, but I think all others are still there for comparison.

Below are some details on the creation of theVRkit + Cupix 3D Tour ...

Image Capture with theVRkit

- Created 44 8K panoramic images in about 45 minutes with theVRkit Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S7
- Each image takes about 45 seconds, that includes theVRkit pano automatically rotating and taking 12 images, auto-stitching, and presenting the image for review.
- The total time above doesn't take into consideration moving the tripod to the next location.
- I should also point out the lighting is horrible in this house!

Cupix Tour

I downloaded the stitched equirectangular images from my phone and uploaded them directly to Cupix. After about 1.5 hours I received an email notification that the tour was ready. I spent about 10 minutes in the Cupix editor administering the following ...

- Uploaded a floor plan I had already created and scaled the Cupix generated model to match.
- Cupix requires 3 pano images through door jambs/rooms for photogrammetry algorithms, but I like to disable the images right at the door jambs.
- I made minor adjustments to the "connections", which define how you can "walk" from pano to pano. I'm very nit-picky on this and like to make sure it is perfect.
- Set the default entry photo and view for the tour and published.

Disclosure: I joined the Cupix team in December 2017 and have been focused on product strategy for AEC, facilities management and commercial real estate. Feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss many of the great features we are rolling out for these industries.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pcollart

FYI ...

From a related WGAN Forum discussion:

theVRkit update (2 May 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @egkhoury
Promoted Post
—-

Hi all,

Here is an update about theVRkit, the solution to turn any smartphone into a 360 Camera:

Here is the Pro Kit:

- theVRkit rotator compatible with all phones (including iPhone X)
- 180S clip-on fish-eye lens, works with all phones, leaves no blind spots
- theVRkit app on iOS and Android with HDR capture (High Dynamic Range) for great results, specially in low lighting conditions, to create 8K 360 images

You can get it on http://www.thevrkit.com for only 99.99 USD, including a free pair of VR glasses (plastic foldable, holds in your pocket) and free shipment (3-5 days).
With the promo code (24W5SP18), you get instantly a discount of 5 USD on your purchase.

Additionally, a beta app for video capture/streaming in 4K is available on iOS only. The rotator spins to capture a 4K image, then the front part is inserted as a video in real-time.

Ready to answer all your questions.

Elie
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?