Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blur ToolGoogle Street ViewGSVHide ScansWish List

How to hide a scan in Google Street View?6521

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a complete newbie with GSV..

I published to Google Street View yesterday for the first time.

It was a small Vietnamese restaurant

We scanned the whole front area and then I deactivated the scans behind the cash register and nearest to the kitchen area (there was one scan where the owner started popping her head around a curtain). I may have neglected to hit "publish" when I deactivated those scans as I was eager to sent to GSV.

Now on GSV those areas that I wanted hidden show up.

Is there a way to edit Streetview after it's up to remove areas from scans? If not, I should at least be able to delete and re-publish, right?

And another question... if you deactivate scans in Matterport are those scans hidden in GSV?

Thanks in advance for help with this!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

MP2SV ( @Metroplex360 ) offers the service to do ALL that you asked about.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

Based on your first Matterport to Google Street View Project, please add to this:

Matterport to Google Street View "Wish List"

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod MP2SV does look like a good turn-key solution, which I'd certainly consider for some jobs, but I also want to learn to be able to do it myself.

It looks like setting up a Panoskin account would allow for tour editing... perhaps that's worth me exploring as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Panoskin or GoThru will allow you to do what you are looking to do. Matterport's platform is not supposed to publish hidden panos, but I've had it happen before as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Richierichks Thanks for that. It was late at night when I sent to GSV and I'll bet that even though I deactivated the scans that I didn't "publish" the change and that's why they sent over. I see that there's a delete button on Matterport. Can I delete it and resend the way I want it?

Oh, and full disclosure... I know the owner for this restaurant and offered it as a freebie simply so we could test out GSV, and since we didn't make anything on this I don't really want to pay someone else to fix it up
Post 6 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That looks like some goooooooooood Vietnamese food! Did they give you a bowl of Pho as a tip? Also, I think all you need to do is delete it, edit and reupload. I am curious if you try this it should fix the problem.. maybe?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Queen_City_3D

I haven't tried it. It is super simple to do in either editor and I usually take the majority of the panos out of the GSV carousel so that Google doesn't start the tour in a corner facing a wall or something.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Richierichks Yeah... I did notice that it included a pano from every single camera location which is annoying.

So what's your process? Do you publish to GSV within Matterport and then edit after the fact, or are you able to publish to GSV directly from Panoskin or GoThru?

I tried deleting (which apparently seems to take as long to do as posting in first place), and then I'll try starting over and try to figure out Panoskin.

@advancedhdr I have had my share of free food from there and I can attest to it being goooooooood
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Queen_City_3D

I publish with Matterport, download into Panoskin or GoThru take out the scans I don't want if there are any, remove any links that don't make sense (if it is a big project there will be A LOT of them because it will link from one side of the room to the complete opposite side!), and remove all of the panos that I don't want to show in the "GSV Carousel".

At that point you have two choices in Panoskin. Either publish the tour(in Panoskin)and you are finished, or if you want to add a NADIR you have to unpublish the tour(in Panoskin)and once it is unpublished you publish it (in Panoskin).

Remember any time you delete or unpublish a tour you will typically have to wait at least 24 hours for the links to populate properly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Richierichks

Also, in GoThru you can download the full quality panos from the tour, run them through Lightroom or Photoshop and then replace the originals with the processed panos. I have done this when I have blown out windows or lights or color balance issues.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Richierichks It looks like I've got lots to learn still on how to do some of that with Panoskin... time to watch some tutorials!

Thanks!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Queen_City_3D

I will add that I have had a pretty fair amount of quirky issues with Panoskin. GoThru seems to be more stable.

Panoskin does have some really cool features like the analytics dashboard that you can send your clients, and built in client management for you though!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Richierichks good to know... Thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV: @Panoskin to Google Street View Demo and Discuss for Newbies-Gallery View

WGAN-TV GoThru Publishing to Google Street View for Newbies-Demo and Discuss with GoThru Founder @Alin Bugeag

@Queen_City_3D

WGAN Standard and Premium Members get the free use of Panoskin Pro.

Best,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Richierichks Perhaps a stupid question with Panoskin... is it possible to edit where the starting points are facing? If so, how? In the GSV tour I'm playing there's a few good entry points but they seem to stare at a wall to start and I'd like them to start facing the open area.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Queen_City_3D

You would have to reorient the tour so that the direction that you want your starting point to be is north. So, you would line up the pano in the viewing window to the starting view you desire then hit the “set north” (I think that’s what it’s called) button above the viewing window.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

How to Remove Yourself from a 360º Photo (During the Shoot)

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101428 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?