Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemTrust

How Matterport Can Fix its Self-Inflicted ..6455

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV: How can Matterport Fix its Self-Inflicted Kerfuffle? (Skip to 8:30)

Hi All,

I still remain confident that Matterport can fix its self-inflicted Kerfuffle.

In this video (above), I talk about my recommendation (skip to 8:30).

You are invited to join the Town Hall to express your opinion of the Matterport Ecosystem announcement today (21 February 2018). We will go around the virtual hall so that everyone has an opportunity to speak and discuss ...

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, based on my conversations with Matterport this week, I don't believe they have any intention of fixing this. The general attitude over there is that people will eventually get used to the idea and it won't matter to them anymore. I think they are wrong, but they are Matterport and largely have a monopoly on the industry.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I appreciate you hopes and optimism but sadly I think @immersivespaces is correct in that I also think that Matterport's plan is to wait out the storm and that most of us will stay because we have made a big investment and many of the MSPs have a business that they rely on for a living. The fact that they say you do have an option if you don't like the new TOS you can just opt out of the Matterport Cloud...and basically close your business. That says it all to me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
The fact that they say you do have an option if you don't like the new TOS you can just opt out of the Matterport Cloud...and basically close your business. That says it all to me.

This is a house of cards and I promise you the MSP's that decide to close their accounts won't go silent into the night.

Soon there will be tech out there 10x better than Matterport. So they must carry with this nonsense of theirs. It is like the old saying goes don't shoot yourself in the foot then complain when your feet gets wet in the rain.

Yes, Dan I also believe they can fix it, but what happens if they just ignore us and wait for the dust to settle? We have been at this crossroad before in the past and I think we must learn from it and take action. Again we are the feet on the ground without us they have nothing. If it was not for this community I would have never been the wiser. I don't even spend time on their forum because it is not as classy as yours @DanSmigrod. This is one amazing community thanks to you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod respect thank you for this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport does not have clients anymore. Only Hostages.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes, Matterport will fix it!

Because there is no business value behind these 800.000 spaces. This is no critical mass. If we talk about 80.000.000 spaces, then maybe yes. But with this business policy Matterport will not even reach 8.000.000 spaces.

On the other hand any competitor - and there will be competition arising this year - does not have to serve us with a (technically) better solution. This competitor must only respect privacy and copyright and many of us will switch. And when the Pros switch, the rest will follow.

I think, that Mr. Browns recent strategic steps were not very wise decisions. Such greedy business policies will only serve competition. Matterport can fix it by changing management and returning to a solid business policy building on trust and motivation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard

...If it was not for [the We Get Around Network Forum] community I would have never been the wiser. I don't even spend time on their forum because it is not as classy as yours @DanSmigrod. This is one amazing community thanks to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard
@DanSmigrod respect thank you for this.

Thank you for your kind notes.

Not sure you saw this when you joined the closed MP group ... (I am not a Member)

I could imagine that they thought by setting up a private group, they could "contain" and create a Pollyanna public world of none-the-wiser.

I thought you would find of interest my two posts about why we changed the name of the Community to the We Get Around Network:

Should I change the name of the MUG Forum? Tues, 23 Aug 2016 (the second anniversary of the Community)
Matterport User Group forum Changes Name ... (1 Sept. 2016)

You thoughts?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
I thought you would find of interest my two posts about why we changed the name of the Community to the We Get Around Network:

✓ Should I change the name of the MUG Forum? Tuesday, 23 August 2016 (the second anniversary of the Community)
✓ Matterport User Group forum Changes Name ... (1 Sept. 2016)

You thoughts?

I actually thought about that the first evening after the new TOS was released. I think it is important that this forum try and work with what we have, Matterport, but explore all other options that may arise. I will say that I currently feel trapped by Matterport because of its great experience. But that will not stop me from pursuing action against them for "assuming" a license to my content, extorting money from us, and mining our customers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that is GREAT. If we act as a group then we have more power and influence that may help govern Matterport's actions and thought processes. We might even try communicate in a more private environment (requires password or approval to become a member)at times discussing options for the group, while at the same time communicating here, so that some of the ideas and decisions of the group are public. Just some food for thought.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@leonvanzweel Im surprised your comment hasn't been voted up by everyone.... That was the perfect statement. Hostages, not customers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?