Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CollaboratorsDystopianEthicsMarketingMatterport EcosystemPoachingSneaky

Matterport are contacting my clients.6446

eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
Out doing a shoot now and the realtor I’m with has confirmed Matterport has tried contacting her a few times by email, and soliciting to get her to buy her own camera. No way will I ever put in customer details in the scans moving forward.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone STOP right now and do not put your clients e-mails on the tour... just phone number... a possible buyer can call them...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
This is ridiculous on Matterports part! This type of sales practice should say something about the company.
Post 3 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
This is like me being a Realtor and an MSP and when I go on jobs I try to get the seller to sign with me instead of the agent that sent me there to do the photos.

I’ve confirmed with several of my clients they’ve also been contacted by Matterport - I wanted to be sure that it was purposeful versus circumstantial/coincidental but it doesn’t look like it is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner Do you setup any of your clients as collaborators? If so, use your own e-mail addresses to do so as they will then receive newsletters from Matterport. I've put in a request to change this and received very positive feedback.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 It's sad that we have to play these games. Maybe Matterport should just not use these type of sales tactics!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
After reading and commenting on several threads I have come to the realization for Matterport increasing the scan speed. There are 2 overriding issues with realtors, money and time. So Matterport has come out with a cheaper camera and sped up the process. Guess who Matterport is targeting, not you and me. Now they can address both issues on their calls to our clients, and we give Matterport a client list with phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 - no, never set any up as collaborators ever!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nerdvice451 private msg quote post Address this user
OK... Realtors are sellers of Real Estate and inspite of what Matterport thinks, the vast majority of them are not interested in doing photography. Even when they work in teams, the teams are composed of real estate brokers. The good real estate brokers that we know don't have the time or the desire to shoot any kind of photography. They want one thing... photographs that are cheap and good enough for the MLS. We realized early on that (at least in our area) if we wanted to make money and not be tied to brokers and the real estate market that we had to do something else. We now have a solid commercial and non-profit business with real estate only a small part of what we do. We take real estate business but we don't actively go after it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
@nerdvice451 I would love to hear how you framed your value proposition to capture these markets...if you don't mind sharing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@eggardner If your clients are open with you, ask them if they have submitted their email addresses to Matterport in any way. I don't mind some sleuthing on this. This is a practice that needs to be stopped as it's just silly. I am not aware of any of my clients receiving e-mails, except those that I made collaborators. For those people, it's not a biggie for me as they don't want cameras.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
It is not that I will lose clients, as I agree, I probably will not. It is the what and how of the methodology that Matterport uses. As this continues without at least a vocal protest, who is to say that Matterport won't employ even more aggressive tactics. Never forget how you got where you are and who helped you get there. (BTW, I never allow collaborators)
Post 12 IP   flag post
The one today is a close family friend and she wouldn’t lie to me. She said she hasn’t signed up for anything and she’s the only person in her office who’s using Matterport. I introduced her to Matterport in December and the only place I’ve put her details is in the branding in the MySpaces area
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
How about leaving it blank and using ross' plug-in to fix this issue
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if it is Matterport doing this or their overzealous salespeople hunting out the details from a posted scan.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't the email come from the big boss himself?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
No, No and no. this is not a collaborator issue. This is a Matterport issue. They are mining the models to get the contact details to send out their emails. Its illegal to spam market people if they never opted in for your emails.

The salespeople work for Matterport so its Matterport.

Get ready to do scans for $0.05 very soon, I am sorry to say that all our hard work and effort we just turned out to be the "cheap" marketing arm for matterport.

This is so sad because we have the best product currently on the market.

Guys this BS has to stop NOW!!!

I am done with looking at the positive of Matterport. We need to look at the negative and fix that. Becuase that is going to affect everyone's business. Get out of this brainwashed mentality and look what is going on.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

See WGAN Forum related discussion:

Matterport Sales Team Farming Your Clients?

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I scan for $0.03/sqft sometimes If I'm subcontracted to scan a 20,000 SQFT CRE space ... that can be done in under 4 hours at $150/hr. That's GREAT $$$$.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 ...Sounds like you're among the few doing really well. I'm in the mecca of real estate and can't get realtors to bite. Any chance of getting a few subcontracts from your subcontracts?
Post 20 IP   flag post
101272 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?