Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bad StitchingMP2SVPhoto SparcPhotos

Photo Fixing for Matterport Photos6367

eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
Any one know of a low-cost service for fixing Mattaport photographs that haven’t quite stitched correctly? I’m fine with fixing lighting, etc. but can’t quite fix those stitching issues.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner

I could imagine that if you upload to Google Street View, MP2SV could download all the 360ºs and then upload again to Google Street View. You could then use Google Street View for the embed. Unfortunately that does not solve the challenge if the space is a house for sale.

If you overshot the space, you might try duplicating the model, and deleting some scans to see if that helps when re-processing. No charge for re-processing.

You didn't ask for Photo Retouching, but I thought I would mention it in case you were exporting Matterport SnapShots in Workshop that have bad stitching and need them cleaned up.

We Get Around Atlanta uses Photo Sparc (@JonJ).

Example: www.321pattersonway.info (Pro1 Camera screen grabs)

As a WGAN Standard Member, you save on Photo Sparc and MP2SV services.

Please see the Welcome Onboard Letter.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, Dan!

These are all internal house shots for my clients, so the GSV wouldn't work for that. I'll reach out to Photo Sparc to see if they can help or advise.

I did contact Matterport and they said it's an inherent problem with the camera which they're trying to fix. Hopefully there will be an update at some point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner - I'm seeing some of these problems show up in my recent tours too. Are you using Fast Capture?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi there! I’ve only had my camera for about 6 weeks and it’s never updated the software and the speed has always been the same. I’ve checked to see if there is an option for speeding it up or slowing it down and can’t see such an option. It takes about 45 seconds to do a revolution for me and it has 6 stops. So I’m not sure if that’s a fast capture or slow.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
It must be a problem with Capture. @eggardner - you can create a 'deep link' to any spot in a tour by hitting the 'u' key while navigating. I'd love for you to share a view of one of your models that has a stitching error -- as many as possible if you don't mind.

Do be sure to contact Matterport support and ask them if they can try to correct it manually. I'm surprised by some of the things they can and will do if you ask them nicely!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi there, thanks for continuing to check it...

Matterport Space

I am wondering if this is because the shot was taken from within a lanai (which is really an outdoor area) and what may have caused such distortion. Although, we also see the same with the 3D Views on occasion, but not as badly as this.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner Nice touch adding the video for the hurricane shutters. I would have never known what it was without it. We do not get hurricanes here.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@eggardner Passed on to devs. Happy Birthday btw
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you so much - for both the birthday wishes and passing the photograph on 😊
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks, Helen - I’m pretty sure I copied the idea from somewhere, I’m not that smart 😊
Post 11 IP   flag post
101628 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?