51149 2 2
|WGAN Forum Founder||DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
I received this question from a WGAN Member:
"On scanning a room you say in some of your tip posts you say that you remove/delete scans. Does this delete the data and why do you do that? Does it improve the dollhouse view?"
My reply below ..
What do you do and why?
1. Scans "count" towards creating the dollhouse if active (or hidden in Matterport Workshop)
2. While scanning, only delete scans that are in the wrong place (watch while you scan)
3. If you are going to delete scans, first duplicate the model so that in the worst case, you always have the original to duplicate again and try again
4. Ideally, delete scans to keep the scan count to 200 or fewer (This will reduce the potential of the model crashing in WebGL
5. Typically, hide scans to improve the walking of the space.
6. Over scanning gives you options after-the-fact (example: camera reflection in scan 10, but not 11)
7. Extra scans to fill black-holes so that the viewer can not fly between floors (hide scans)
8. Extra scans for tall ceilings to help complete the dollhouse view (hide these scans)
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|Biggles private msg quote post Address this user|
I scan as much as I can, even areas I don't want in the walk through later on. The important thing is that the extra scans help create a complete plan of the building. I then hide the scans where I don't want the public to see, especially garages where, in the case of some show homes, they are not a pretty sight.
|Post 2 IP flag post|