Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CUPIXHosting

Cupix supports 360 Video for Capture?! WHOA6318

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

Really excited about this! This is totally the future of capture as it has the biggest potential for creating an infinitely detailed model!!! Anyone tried this? I don't have a 360 video camera anymore (traded my Theta S for some gear because I was offended by it)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Thanks crazy-exciting. Plus, Google Street View is headed in that direction as well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod - It sure is! I've seen some less than stellar results with the Theta V -- but it's a START.

I imagine that before the end of 2018, we'll see a 360 Video Drone that uses collision detection and computer logic that can automatically capture spaces.

The DJI Mavik Air simply lacks a 360 Camera -- but I'm certain that with a 3rd party App (think DroneDeploy), that it would be able to capture a space with 360 mode ... we just need a drone that can mount a lightweight 360 camera above itself on a tiny pole ...

The reason for needing a 3D Camera is simply because photogrammetry doesn't usually have enough detailed information -- but with automation of collecting a ridiculously dense array of images, that problem is solved. In addition, a lightweight 3D 360 camera would exponentially magnify the usefulness of captured data.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Source: Insta360 Facebook Group

@Metroplex360

Spot on!

Pro + Drone + 360º Video Capture + Collision Detection = CUPIX and/or Google Street View

Best,

Dan

P.S. I recall a lengthy discussion on this topic in the WGAN Forum about a year ago (with the exception of video capture)
Post 4 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
So if the dji air takes ~8 seconds to do a sphere, in theory could you not just set it close to the ceiling and have fly around the house? Granted substantial insurance certainly comes to mind though

https://360aerial.com.au/dji-mavic-air-sphere-panoramas/ --> https://forum.dji.com/thread-133266-1-1.html

Or just go down this route 😃

"GoPro Fusion 360 + DJI Mavic Pro Platinum - stable without seeing the Drone"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@whereareweat Yes, but I think we can do better than that using commission detection and a third party app for mapping...

We have all the technology now for automated 3d scanning of homes we just need the software
Post 6 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereareweat
So if the dji air takes ~8 seconds to do a sphere, in theory could you not just set it close to the ceiling and have fly around the house? Granted substantial insurance certainly comes to mind though

https://360aerial.com.au/dji-mavic-air-sphere-panoramas/ --> https://forum.dji.com/thread-133266-1-1.html

Or just go down this route 😃

"GoPro Fusion 360 + DJI Mavic Pro Platinum - stable without seeing the Drone"
or a 360 camera RC car rig. Like the Terra from free fly systems.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @whereareweat
... or a 360 camera RC car rig. Like the Terra from free fly systems.

@PointCloudVR
@Metroplex360
@whereareweat

Thought you would enjoy this We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

How to Mashup a 360º Camera With an RC Car

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding that the video capture is to create the 3d mesh of the space. This reduces the need to generate a greater number of photospheres. It is substantially quicker to walk through space with a 360 Video camera than setting up automated capturing devices. Sort of like iGuide does with LIDAR, but with videogrammetry

The 360 photospheres it there to generate high-quality photos to navigate to within the space. The quality of the photospheres is dependant on the input camera whether a budget 360 camera or a DSLR.

A Quality floorplan can then be generated from the .obj file by a third party provider like Blue Sketch. One dimension of the plan needs to be measured (or put a yardstick in one of the images) and supplied to Blue Sketch to calibrate the accuracy of the plan.

A Camera like the Xiaomi MiSphere provides a decent enough video and photospheres for the application. Higher quality photospheres can be generated by DLSR's etc, but is more time intensive.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by @whereareweat
... or a 360 camera RC car rig. Like the Terra from free fly systems.

@PointCloudVR
@Metroplex360
@whereareweat

Thought you would enjoy this We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

How to Mashup a 360º Camera With an RC Car

Best,

Dan
I just got another email ad for another new 360RC dolley from motion impossible.clickable text
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago but I think we can revisit. It starts at 11:56 and this video is from 2012. Why aren't we there yet 6 years later?

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

"Cupix supports 360 Video for Capture?! WHOA" is one of the topics today on WGAN-TV Live at 5

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod enjoyed seeing the demonstration. I would certainly want to get a gimble on a helmet PLUS a mini segway.

https://express.google.com/product/14956897386334760124_9511328834876140846_6136318?mall=WestLosAngeles&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx&dclid=CNqy253AxdkCFUU7Twod9_QN-Q

I'm looking forward to watching Cupix as it develops. I was immediately blown away by the first version as the photogrammetry was impressive as were all of the other tools that were available.

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing the transitions between the panos catching up with GeoCV and Matterport. As a 3D space exists here with accurate placement between panos, it's just time

Very cool stuff!
Post 13 IP   flag post
101641 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?