Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderAdviceNewbiesProblems

Looming future issue? 3rd Party Bookings?6267

tombook private msg quote post Address this user
This morning I spoke to a top producing realtor who works for Weichert - a large real estate firm. For many years he used a local New Jersey photographer (and now MSP) until about 6 months ago. Now almost all of the Weichert realtors use one vendor (HomeVisit based in Virginia) for all of their work.

Apparently because of the large quantity of work Weichert sends their way they get a better rate than any local, smaller photographer/MSP can match. I guess there is an opportunity to work as a third party for companies like HomeVisit but I'm guessing you make MUCH less that way.

I'm worried that there are more stories like that lurking out there...I'd appreciate anyone's insight on those concerns. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
HomeVisit can provide one thing that most indies cannot without a 3rd party - printed collateral. They have invested heavily in the printing side.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@tombook I have run into that also with Caldwell Banker in my area. In my case, the vendor doesn't use Matterport or any 3d service so their may be an opening. I'm working with one of the office realtors doing some examples.

I also know that very few realtors in my area use Matterport. I am new, I'm not opposed to doing a free scan for an agent to get me in the door.

To answer your question, I wouldn't be concerned right now because so many real estate agents are still marketing the old way...they just need to be educated.

My goal is to have all the Caldwell Banker Agents send their work my way.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombook
This morning I spoke to a top producing realtor who works for Weichert - a large real estate firm. For many years he used a local New Jersey photographer (and now MSP) until about 6 months ago. Now almost all of the Weichert realtors use one vendor (HomeVisit based in Virginia) for all of their work.

Apparently because of the large quantity of work Weichert sends their way they get a better rate than any local, smaller photographer/MSP can match. I guess there is an opportunity to work as a third party for companies like HomeVisit but I'm guessing you make MUCH less that way.

I'm worried that there are more stories like that lurking out there...I'd appreciate anyone's insight on those concerns. Thanks!
I've heard rumblings that RE/MAX may start requiring their agents to only use "Authorized Suppliers". I have an email in with RE/MAX to find out what the requirements are for joining as such.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@PointCloudVR I am associated with RE/MAX and I can definitively say that won't ever happen. All agents are individual contractors and the company would never require them to use certain suppliers.

You are right in that there is an "Approved Supplier" designation that you can pay to be a part of. It's basically licensing to say that the head office has checked us out and we're reputable. That said, agents can use any supplier they want and there would be a major revolt if the head office said they had to use certain suppliers over others (bear in mind the company is international and there's over 100,000 agents). I'm sure some of the corporate people who sell the licensing to use the "approved supplier" designation suggest that having it will bring more agents their way, and possibly it will... but it's definitely not a requirement to sell to a RE/MAX agent.

P.S. most of the "Approved Suppliers" sell signs or promotional merchandise. I haven't seen any photography companies on that list.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D Great answer. Thanks for doing the research.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
If being the "lowest cost provider" is your primary differentiator, you may want to consider another business. There is always some that is willing to do the job for less. Just saying...
Post 7 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
My goal is to have all the Caldwell Banker Agents send their work my way.

you might want to get their name right first - Coldwell Banker

LOL
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JonJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJ
If being the "lowest cost provider" is your primary differentiator, you may want to consider another business. There is always some that is willing to do the job for less. Just saying...

Point well taken.

The story of the local company with the long established relationship (with very competitive prices) being pushed out by the bigger company with lower costs and more services still gives me pause.

It may not be the best analogy but it feels like the 'Amazon' effect.

My guess is that it will be hard for realtors at large companies to stick with long standing relationships with photographer/MSP's if there is a better and less expensive solution. I don't blame them.

It doesn't necessarily mean there is no market for the rest of us smaller MSP's but many of the big chains will not be available to us. That's a big chunk of the market that's potentially not in play. It sounds like RE/MAX is at least one of the exceptions. Maybe it's just Weichert that is doing this but it sounds like Coldwell Banker is also. I don't know about the rest of the big players. I'm a total newbie so I could be way off but I didn't want to just ignore this without hearing from all of you who have been in this for a while. Thanks.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
OFFER MORE FOR THE MONEY...

Use WP3D , Give them a FREE Single property Website.

Also, always give them the 2D Floorplan.

HELP THEM with Social Media postings... SHARE *FOR* THEM

Make yourself a TEAM MEMBER, not a vendor.

Throw them a freebie every so often.

Have a MIXER at a local sports bar, take em out once in a while.

Go after FSBO's and recommend the realtors that DO use you... make sure they KNOW you're working to help them get NEW listings

ETC ETC ETC

This is working for me

- Howard
Post 10 IP   flag post
@3dVuz Good advice Howard. Thanks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101428 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?