Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Feedback PleaseMy First ScanScanning

My first Matterport scan: Feedback Please6263

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Just finished my 1st scan and would love some feedback. I know of one problem which may not be a big deal. Curious if someone can find it and any other issues.

Thanks,
Ross
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman It is a good result and really big for the 1st try.
Below is the SQM result for your showcase from our measurement api.
http://www.iit3d.com/me?index=876yNxVEBrX
(Please refresh that page at least two time to get your result, due to its pipepline working mode.)

Measure of [876*****BrX] is 335.18871345255934 SQM or 3607.9412786946236 SQFT
Floor001 is 93.66875666815511
Floor002 is 114.12335962439255
Floor003 is 127.3965971600117
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Great job, one thing I would have done is added another scan on the living room side of the entrance to the basement. It is very difficult to navigate to the basement with out it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks, that was the problem I saw also. I created the problem when I went from the 2nd fl to the basement.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Granite is missing the e on your mattertag. Also I’m not a huge fan of the camera showing up I the pictures unless it adds value. The jack and Jill bathroom doesn’t add a ton of value by standing directly in front of it with the doors blocking the non mirror side anyways. I suppose it’s personal preference but I’d probably just do two scans in the dooor ways. Nice job on the scan! Feels good to get one under your belt. Also might want to matter tag the doors that were closed. Maybe not closets but I presume there was a door to the garage? Maybe furnace/utility room? I’m a newbie too so take it or leave it!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks...good advice that I can use.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Hi Ross

Great first scan! Super tidy!

Now we all have preferences for how we do things and these are a few of mine....

First off this is something of great debate.... camera height! Personally I prefer to have my camera slightly lower. The reason for this is because I don't like the feeling of being so close to the ceiling (I'm a short person so that may have something to do with it! Lol) but for practical reasons you get a much nicer still image when the camera is slightly lower. As a real estate photographer prior to being an MP photographer you get taught to shoot with straight lines and go lower because the lower you are to the floor the larger the room looks. These are some of the things I have brought with me into my MP shooting.

As for the camera in the mirror thing - this is something that I don't care about. I would prefer the potential buyer to be able to see the tapware/sink etc and honestly I have never had a complaint from a client about it.

I liked that you went into the shower and in a back corner - this means you can see the shower head - if you go straight under it the shower head it will fall into the MP unknown zone! Something else I like to do in bathrooms (especially spectacular ones like the one in this house!) is I lower my tripod and pop it into the bath so that people can experience what it will be like sitting in their new bath tub!

One little thing in the model in one room the windows are partly black - this is generally due to the window line being slightly out or the trim line cutting to close! As soon as my scans come back I have a quick look to check these and if there is a problem move the lines and upload again - sometimes it works sometime it doesn't! This is being a wee bit pedantic I know lol

I mentioned earlier about lines I will pop some examples below! Once again you have made a great start!

Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?