Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAuditoriumMuseumsScanning

We have created another monster6242

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, very impressive!

@3dshowcaseuk how many scanpoints?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Originally 762 but it would not process so it was reduced to just under 500
Post 3 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
That's really an awesome scan!! Great work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice job! Did you have any problems with aligning considering the repetitive rows of seats? Is there any useful tip that you can share about it?
Post 5 IP   flag post
RGO private msg quote post Address this user
Hello
I have been trying to move venues here to do the same.....movement like a glacier.

I went to their website, Belfast Waterfront Main Auditorium and could not find this Matterport Scan, just a GOOGLE 360.

Is the MP Scan there on their webpage ?

Can someone point it out or it is not there and this is the only link so far ?

I ask that, because I want to send it to a couple of contacts.
rgo
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Jfantin, the only alignment issues i had was on the first 20 or so in the seats at the front on the ground floor, after that I think i had 6-7 in the whole place.

Because there were no windows I was able to scan this in the evening when there were no cleaners, sound or lighting technicians coming in, it took me 3 nights back to back and about 4-5 hours per night.

My advice, get a hoverboard. because the rows of seats were so close together when the tripod was in between there was no room to squeeze behind camera so I had to walk along down a row, along and up a row and back every turn of the camera so I have sore feet and legs after 3 nights. My fitbit said I had climbed 718 floors LOL

I scanned every 3-4 seats and every other row.

RGO, My tours have not gone live on the Waterfront site yet, that will happen hopefully in the next few weeks, they will replace the older 360 shots. I'll let you know when they go live. I have another 10 scans as part of the whole project some of which are only scanned today.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
RGO. They added this tour which is another studio within the waterfront as a test embed

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
RGO private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the responses....here....directors are very hesitant. Not sure they understand it, or the expense and so getting an initial sit down is difficult. Paid admissions museums have no use for this VR as they are afraid people can just go online instead of making the visit. We all know the workaround explanations, but those are the feedback when trying to explain the technology and get in the door for a meeting.

This scan is well done and a great example of the possibilities it represents.

Thank you again.
rgo
Post 9 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
This auditorium is used for concerts, public visits, conferences and dinners, so the scan will be put to good use. They have bought Samsung Gear VR and a large Ipad pro as part of the project so they can use them at trade shows and exhibitions to entice trade and conferences to their space. I have also done a huge exhibition space within the same complex but cant go live with it as an exhibition until we get permission.

Here it is empty

And here is one for the meeting rooms in 3 different layouts

Post 10 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk Out of curiosity... which embed.ly program did you use to have the photos in the rich media mattertag?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
for all my scans I create a subdomain on my server in this example it is

http://auditoriumcorp.3dshowcase.co.uk

I then upload all images into that subdomain and so they end up being

http://auditoriumcorp.3dshowcase.co.uk/name of file .jpg
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Great Job...Impressive...any chance you would like to share what you charged for this project?
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?