Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAppsLightingSunlightTips

Great Light Tracking App6206

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I am a professional photographer and new to Matterport. Just purchased my camera and will be doing my first scan today. I have an app I have been using for a while now that lets me know what the lighting conditions will be like at any given time or location. It doesn't predict the weather but it does tell you what direction the sun is coming from throughout the entire day. Great for helping to determine what time of day is best for scanning at your exact location. Definitely worth the $5. The app is called LightTrac. See the screen shot.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the tip. I am an amateur photographer that would like to get better. Is there an app that will tell you the settings that you should use depending on the lighting at a location (Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, White Balance, etc?

Thanks,
Gordon
Post 2 IP   flag post
Adamsgame private msg quote post Address this user

bold text
I hope these help everyone.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@Ghagendorf Yes. Cine Meter ii. It is expensive. £24.99 or about 30USD. It has a light meter, tells you color temp. It will tell you all your settings depending which variable/s you fix. And lots of other things. You can calibrate the values. It is an app filmmakers use. Takes the guessing out of the eye work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvanzweel
@Ghagendorf Yes. Cine Meter ii. It is expensive. £24.99 or about 30USD. It has a light meter, tells you color temp. It will tell you all your settings depending which variable/s you fix. And lots of other things. You can calibrate the values. It is an app filmmakers use. Takes the guessing out of the eye work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks very much. I'll take a look at it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a pretty cool free website that gives you the sun's position at a given location and time.

clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghagendorf
Thanks for the tip. I am an amateur photographer that would like to get better. Is there an app that will tell you the settings that you should use depending on the lighting at a location (Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, White Balance, etc?

Thanks,
Gordon

I came across an amazing product, i think you and many fellow WGAN's would like to try.

Actually there is this product that instead of telling you what the right settings are, it'll take the best shot itself using AI so an amature photo can look professional .. however this is what the company is promising i hope they'er right ... its called ARSENAL.

@rzphotoman Thanks for the advice, however if you tried the ARSENAL one day we'd love to hear your opnion about it as a professional.

Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?