Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppDroneIndustryRobotsScanning

No monkey needed!6205

WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw a video from 2012. If this was being worked on back then how far away are we from having autonomous scanning?

I think in the future our real creativity will be in post-production. But, that will probably get done with logarithms and machine learning.

The part I wanted to highlight starts at 12:12 the link I put in has it but it is not starting there.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble ...HAS TECHNOLOGY TRULY BENEFITTED THE AVERAGE JOE?

This is an increasingly interesting subject that you're touching on here. While machine learning/A.I. is really amazing and gaining traction, many people are getting concerned about the changing landscape of our work force and employment rates, i.e. employers are replacing human employees with robots and AI programs, leaving the average person with ever shrinking opportunities for income. My hope, however, is that the other side of this equation will offset this sort of impact. But is it?

If AI and robotics can provide cost & time saving efficiencies to businesses, shouldn't it also reduce the general cost of living? Theoretically, it seems so since computer automation and intelligent applications should reduce the cost of production (goods and services) that people use daily (transportation/deliveries, food/clothing production, health care, etc), and allow for more efficient/shared use of resources. HOWEVER, I think this will only happen if business cost savings are passed on to consumers. Otherwise, these emerging technologies will primarily serve investors and share holders, not the average consumer. Any thoughts?
Post 2 IP   flag post
101438 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?