Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360ICNY18Nodalview

WGAN-TV: Nodalview 360º SmartPhone System6203

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: The Nodalview 360° system description | Video courtesy of jackjaydigital YouTube Channel

Hi All,

WGAN-TV Field Correspondent @jackjay (Jack Jay DIGITAL) in Central New Jersey) interviewed Nodalview USA Regional Director of Sales Yan Bohyn on the floor of Inman Connect New York 2018 today (Tuesday, 23 January 2018). (Tagged: ICNY18)

Nodalview uses a smartphone (Android and iOS) mashed up with a lens kit, rotator, cloud process and hosting for super-easy 3D Tour creation specifically for real estate agents.

Since Jack is a professional photographer that is thinking about buying a Matterport Camera, it will be interesting to hear which solution he buys and why after looking at multiple options at Inman Connect.

After watching this video - and checking out the Nodalview website, what are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not surprised at all that this works as well is it does, or at least as they say it does. I've been very reluctant to join the Matterport ranks simply because the cost to roi factor is getting eroded so fast with all the new developments happening today.

I'd bet that we're not going to be all that far off now to be able to capture very high dynamic range in a single shot for a fraction of the current cost. Maybe 2-3 years from now, it'll be like getting medium format quality from a mobile device. Just look at the development curve.

Probably the most important thing to learn from all this is, it's not going to be about the gear for much longer but rather the best hosting and subscription model. That will likely be the next thing to go into a price spiral.

If I wanted to be or was in the real estate photography market, I'd be a bit concerned. I'll stick to what I know best... create relationships and help people get back to what they'd prefer to be doing instead of the next 'cool thing'.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
This was a foreseeable problem for high priced 3D hardware makers like Matterport. Not sure if they'll hold the lead much longer. If a price war ensues, that should be good news for real estate photographers/marketers/agents, bad news for Matterport sales department, and limbo for MSPs that don't work their own listings. Should the latter sell their Matterport gear now? I imagine a lot of worried investors. @anybody... What's Matterport's game plan?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
One of Matterport's plans was to get connected with Google as a partner. I can see that would be an interesting relationship but I think a very big boat is still being missed.

I don't know if you're aware of how bad things are in terms of internal promotion programs are on Google (and not sure who's at fault for that) but they have lost a massive opportunity by not being the ones leading all of this off of the back of Street View. It's the bloody elephant in the room.

All that really needs to happen is a few more divisional cores to split up image hosting on their systems so that they can charge for them such as a "street view for real estate" so that it doesn't get messed up with the commercial shoots we do and 'bam' they'd eat the market alive - as long as they put a few dollars towards promotion, of which they're really bad at, surprisingly.

I've always found that to be strange that their marketing campaigns are rarely engaging yet their whole business model is fueled by advertising dollars. Hmmm.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the photos, I like the exterior capabilities but again this falls short on no doll house, and the reality this is no different then other 360 degree software like Kolor that allow you to build your own tour package. After reading thru this it appears you have to pay for photo downloads, I saw this in the store section talking about photo downloads and limits. You are just paying someone else to build the tour. I still like the overall animation to the software build of Matterport. again just my two cents.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?