Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Restricting Matterport VR content?6140

VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All
Throwing this out there for help from you amazing people.

I have a client who I have made 5 VR experiences for. The problem is it is a museum who is makeing a VR experience where the VR will be always on in a Kiosk Mode.
Whilst im able to restrict the apps to what i want running, i can not disable the Matterport Gallery in the Matterport VR app.
Has anyone got a suggestion...?

Right now they have visitors wandering off the "shared with me page" and looking at all the matterport gallery?
I feel this is a big issue - unless theres an easy fix that someone knows.

Thanks for hearing my appeal for help?
All comments welcome!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, that gets back to my previous comment on the Italian MSP, if there is no way to limit access to a scan, then there is no way to monetize it or make it private. I think this could be a real issue and as far as I can tell there is absolutely no way to control it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
The only way i can think of it @Liam_Tayler is that I try to create my own VR app? But the costs of this is huge im sure...

Its a game changer for MSP's trying to use this for Commercial Uses.
Gutted there seems to be not something to sort this, It seems such a simple request - considering all the amazing things that they can bring out, I would think this is just a setting that could be turned on or off in the VR settings of the Matterport App? Shouldnt be so difficult!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
my thought exactly!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@VRimpact I have the same issue with one of my building companies - I Have scanned all of their show homes for them to use as VR at home shows but the sales reps start going into other scans and their scan get lost in the list! Its a massive issue
Post 5 IP   flag post
3DPLUS private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.
I read the "term of use" and there is no restricting sharing.
But I think, if someone re-use VR matterport, he should be fair, that means do not hide "ceator's info" or some unbranding trick (like wp3d)
I also open a free website, for everyone use and share their scans without website knowledge
360Go: https://360go.tv
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Property3dNZ thanks. Its nice to know Im not the only one.
Im not looking at rebranding it, or changing the look or layout... Im happy with their terms and conditions of the Mattterport VR.

I find it hard to believe this is not a simple fix for matterport. With all the great things they come up with, im sure this is a easy fix but vital! I hope matterport are reading these as im sure there are a lot more than just ourselves that are having this issue, or if not - will do soon in the near future.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@VRimpact We would be happy if we could just create a folder to house all of the scans for our client - of course it would be ideal for us to not see all of the examples but if we could at least keep them all together that would be great. They created the tool to group all of them together but to be honest its pretty much pointless!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Property3dNZ Agreed!
If we were just trying to showcase what the tech could do, then its perfect to see all the other examples. but when we try to use the VR for a business / commercial aspect it needs more options.

Im sure its on the wish list somewhere at matterport HQ :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
dbuck private msg quote post Address this user
You can create a collection, and load the app as a deep link into the collection, and it will restrict it to just those models until the app is restarted: https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/226474267-How-do-I-share-a-Collection-of-VR-Spaces-
Post 10 IP   flag post
@dbuck Thanks for that. Very Useful link. I have other clients that could use that so good find.

@Property3dNZ Not sure if it helps you but there actually is a solution to not show the entire matterport VR gallery in the matterport VR App. Its so simple too haha.

1) Fresh install the matterport VR app ensuring no downloads of previous tours are installed to device.
2) Download the tours you want the user to be able to see - The "shared with me tours"
3) Once downloaded, turn off all mobile phone data to device.
4) Reopen Matterport VR and the only tours visable will be the downloaded ones. NO MP GALLERY! Awesome!

I only wish there was a simple way to go directly to the matterport VR app using the Samsung Gear! without going through the oculus program first. Any advice?

I did find a way but i would have to switch phone to developer mode and risk warranty so thats not a viable option right now for my clients. Any advice from experts here on that issue would go a long way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@VRimpact @dbuck

Hi there

We have been using the collection link (which can also be a pain when you have 20 links and constantly adding to it - therefore have to update it and redownload all of the links/open them).

This particular client is using a Samsung Gear (as advised by us) so this totally ties our hands in regards to them having to use the Oculus app. Its all incredibly annoying!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?