Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAECPreBuiltRevitScanning

Combine OBJ with Revit render model6055

NEXT_DIMENSION private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
I just bought a Matterport Pro2 3D scanner and I want to hear if anyone knows how to merge an OBJ file with a Revit / CAD rendered change,like the balcony protection, as in this video below:

I'm using Revit and Recap and I would like to make something similar for my customers.

Do some of you have any experience with Fuzor /Enscape and OBJ/point cloud for rendering?
Post 1 IP   flag post
neeravbm private msg quote post Address this user
It's not possible to render point clouds in Revit. But as mentioned on https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/rendering-a-point-cloud/td-p/5102908, you can print to PDF. This works as long as you just need images to show to the client.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Easy, fast and Affordable 3D Modeling of Real Spaces: We Get Around created a proprietary process to convert the Matterport Object File (.OBJ) to a SketchUp File (.SKP) to enable anyone – anywhere – to be a 3D modeler within the SketchUp application. | Video Courtesy of We Get Around Architect and Associate Photographer Yair Yépez

@NEXT_DIMENSION

We Get Around can convert the Matterport Object File (.obj) to a Revit File (.rvt) and SketchUp File (.skp) ...

Matterport Object File to SketchUp .SKP File

You might also check with these Third-Party Service Providers (see AEC category).

Here are We Get Around Network Forum discussions tagged: Object File

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
NEXT_DIMENSION private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen a video from Autodesk,
where they have linked a point cloud inside Revit. After that they have modeled a bar table and chairs, eventually they render the camera view and the point cloud remains a point cloud with color, but when I do it, the point cloud becomes gray.

I have found out of Fuzor can import a mesh file along with a Revit file. It's just a little expensive license Fuzor has.

Perhaps I'll have a closer look at what Sketchup can do, even if I prefer Revit

thanks for the help.
Benny
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@NEXT_DIMENSION

SketchUp files can be imported into Revit.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101587 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?