Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 CamerasConnectionsConnectivityRicoh Theta VUrgent

Connectivity Problems - Ricoh Theta V5995

Snap private msg quote post Address this user
I have been losing communication between my mobile device and the camera. It seems to happen whenever I’m scanning outdoors, when I’m standing over 6 feet away or hiding behind objects. I tried both iPhone 6S and iPad Pro, bluetooth is on. Has anyone run into the same problems? Ricoh support hasn’t been very helpful...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap Yes they do not have very good range! Unfortunately thats the way it is.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes this is an issue and I agree with Helen. I have started the Matterport in these situations and set my Ipad under the tripod and walk away out of sight until it is finished.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
It would be great if there was a delayed shutter release. Set it up for 10-20 seconds leave the phone near the camera so it gave you time to move out of the picture. There seems to be an app for everything, is there an app for that?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
Ricoh Theta V has serious connectivity problems. Mine had a range of about 2 meters vs my Theta S of about 20 meters. There is no place to hide. I returned my Theta V for Credit. The camera is not suitable for purpose.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
What she said and he said. After several no-connection situations, I just stopped using Theta. It's totally unreliable when you're in the field, and an embarrassing situation if you're doing work for someone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for your feedback, that is really unfortunate...@dansmigrod I hope you read this and keep this in mind when updating the 360 camera reviews.

Based on some members it seemed like this was the best option...So what are your 360 camera preferences then?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap

Too bad about the Ricoh Theta V. So many WGAN Forum Members reporting the same challenge with remote connectivity. Yikes!

About which 360º camera, what do you want to use it for and how much do you want to spend?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
If I cannot get the shot say in front of the house by hiding on the side yard, I gained a little more range using Ipad over an Android pointing the upper left corner towards the camera. The shot is so grainy, you wont see the Ipad sticking out around the corner when its flat.

Another option is to hide in a grass patch or on the tar side of the street, maybe a batch of rocks and edit yourself out in post. I use an app called TouchRetouch in order to avoid taking it to a Desktop edit.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
I... I use an app called TouchRetouch in order to avoid taking it to a Desktop edit.

Like he said.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you @VTLV. I will have a look.

@DanSmigrod the 360 camera question was meant for everyone including yourself who gave me feedback on the Ricoh Theta V. I was hoping to get opinions from people who actually use their camera of choice to help avoid those products that have known technical problems.

I would presume that a DSLR is the best option for quality but being unfamiliar with the process, it sounds like a lot of backend work, possibly more than it's worth, especially with the panning frequency required for CUPIX platform?

I would say based on best image quality and then price point. Hoping NCTECH comes through soon...
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?