Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackUpMatterport Workshop

Can you duplicate model in workshop?5911

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a Matterport model in workshop that is no longer on an iPad and I want to make a duplicate copy and I swear that was something that was easily done in workshop, but I can't find out how to do it anymore... is this functionality gone?

To be clear, I know how to make a copy on the iPad... that's easily done but not what I want to do here. I want to make a copy in the workshop. Again, I swear this was something that was possible.

Maybe not any more?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Matterport Workshop should include that feature as part of a bigger picture process for backup and restore. Unfortunately, it does not.

For clarification, you can not duplicate a model in Matterport Workshop.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@Quee_City_3D as Dan says, you cannot duplicate a model in MP Workshop.

But I believe that if you ask for it to Matterport Support then maybe they could do it for you. I am not completely sure, but common sense says it should be possible.

Good luck and let us know if it worked.

Jorge
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod the client has sold the property and the new owner has asked if they can keep a version of the 3D model. Our original client is fine with that, and so we are too.

That said, the model we had created had Mattertags with URL links which aren't appropriate for the new owner and I wanted to provide them a copy with those removed.

It turns out I'll be okay because I actually did have the original scan still on the iPad and so I uploaded another copy. It just means I have to re-take some snapshots.

I do think there should be an ability to make a copy in workshop. I thought that approx 2 years ago there was, but I could be mistaken.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Seems like an up-sell opportunity, especially since the model needs to continued to be hosted? (Or, are you enabling them to download on their iPad?)

Since I started with Matterport - July 2014 – I do not (believe) that you could ever duplicate a Matterport Spaces 3D tour in Workshop.

Yes. Seems obvious that the backup/restore/duplicate/editing should be enabled in Matterport Workshop.

You might add that to your wish list for Santa ...

What do you hope Santa Claus will bring you?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?