Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMultiple FloorsReal EstateScans

Scanning Levels not physically connected587

Conor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Matterporters

I did a property last Friday. As is common with high-end apts in Sao Paulo (Brazil) they have large common areas downstairs - area to be scanned was over 3 levels: ground floor was entrance area, gym, sauna, swimming pool etc etc, on the 3rd floor was the games room and the 7th floor was a showroom apt - I was over 800m2 in total. When I came to second level a few floors above the first it was giving me an error saying I wasn't close enough to last scan, even though I had created a new level. Tried everything but only way out was to start a new model. Same with actual apt a few more stories above. So I have 3 models that I would like to make into one with 3 levels. Is this possible? Have been on to matterport but still no reply and need to resolve soon. In retrospect I could maybe have scanned up to elevator., scanned inside elevator, created a new level and then scanned from elevator on new floor. Would this have worked, considering the physical distance between scans would have been over 50m? Any ideas on how to amalgamate what I have into one model, or can the tech guys at matterport even do that for me?
Thanks for help.
Conor
www.eu3D.com.br
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Not entirely sure what you are describing but it sounds like multiple levels connected by an elevator? If that's correct, this will not work.
You need to physical connect then via a stairwell or similar without a stop.
The only way this would work is of the elevator is long enough that the open doors would not cause a miss alignment problem
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Jamie
thanks for your help, appreciate it. Yes it's basically different levels connected by an elevator. Was in a bit of a rush so didn't have time to do 7 stories of stairwell.... Ok, no now it's me that doesn't understand you, haha... You say it can't be done but then say "The only way this would work is of the elevator is long enough that the open doors would not cause a miss alignment problem"

Do you mean the following steps:
1. Level 1 - scan up to elevator doors with doors open
2. Do a scan of inside of elevator with doors open, so features not changing
3. go to new level in elevator
4. create a new level on app and do another scan in elevator with doors open
6. scan new level from outside elevator

It seems to me that this may not work because of the physical distance between the 2 scans, am I right, or does that not matter if you are creating a new level?

Other question is, because I have 3 different models now, can I or matterport amalgamate them into one showcase with 3 levels.

Thanks
CB
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Conor

To follow up to Jamie's comments, all levels must be physically connected. Just picture in your mind as you are walking from one level to the next so does the camera. You can't jump from level 3 to level 7 without walking up the stairs as an elevator is not an option. So in other words there is no way to connect the levels unless your have connected them via municipal scans up the stairs.

To answer you other question, no MP will not connect your scans and will most likely charge you separately for each floor that is not connected.

It would be a nice feature to add to the scanning app, call it "Elevator Mode". Where you can't physically connect one floor to the next but I would not think that MP would consider a feature like this any time soon.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Conor

Gary has said it best. I really can't add anymore to that
Good luck
Post 5 IP   flag post
aww, man!

- great info, thanks guys...
Post 6 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
If you had a staircase, you might connect the scans through it and then just turn off the scans in the model...just an educated guess-i havent tried it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101438 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?