Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricing

First Time Client Offer: $99 3D Tour5867

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab (above) from a Matterport Service Provider website

Hi All,

I noticed this special offer on a Matterport Service Provider website today (29 November 2017).

What is your First Time Client Offer?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Well it's not $99. So my question would be did we have to agree with this as a listed Matterport provider beforehand or we have the agent tell us after we talked with them? I wish they would tell the provider when they do this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

For clarification, the offer has nothing to do with the MSP Program. This is simply a Matterport Pro making his/her offer.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a good loss leader.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch,.. although, I would hope that there would be significant add-ons, hosting, extra charges for video, floorplans etc...
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok Dan thanks I read over it and thought it was directly from Matterport, πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Tripod OPTIONAl. For $99 I HOLD the camera over my head. For $300-$600 I’ll use a tripod.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
@3dvuz you might have alignment issues
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Dropping my price to $150 isn't going to be enough now? Crap, I'm soo behind the curve on pricing!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen a provider's offer for "$99 for a scan". It's a race to the bottom. Once a "$99" price is set, a customer will expect it again and again or something close. He is following the Cable TV/Satellite TV pricing scheme. (If he is following the cell phone marketing scheme -- he is hitting them with a TON of hidden extra fees.)

Let's look at the costs:
Travel Expense (presume 20 miles round trip): $9.00 (using a rate of $0.45 per mile)
Model Processing fee: $19.00 (presuming he has used up his "free processing for the month)
Model hosting fee ($1.50) (presuming an amortized fee of $0.50 per model per month for full utilization)
Matterport camera amortization: $7.70 (presuming $3,900 cost, amortization over 3 years, 50 weeks, 1 scan per day)
Out of $99.00, costs have taken $37.20, leaving $61.80 gross profit. (Presuming 2.5 hours on site, 1 hour post-processing to make an entry point, find stills for the highlight reel, send the link to the client by email. This is an apparent labor rate of $17.66 per hour)
But it gets better:
In the USA:
There is a 15.3% Social Security Tax on the income ($9.46)
He will probably pay 15% or more income tax ($9.27)
Depending on where he lives, there may be local occupation or income taxes. But we won't consider them.

(I have not included any pre-sales time or amortization of office costs.)

So, out of $99.00, this service provider will have less than $43.07 for the work in his pocket.

Far better for all of us in the market to price our services and products fairly and at a rate that will pay our bills, make a decent profit and allow us to stay in business for some lengthy period of time.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?