Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BillingCollaboratorsError

What to do about billing errors?5865

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Okay... so this has happened to us 4 times now, so I imagine others might have had this experience:

We've collaborated with MSPs in different market areas referring out jobs. This has gone both ways... both being the refer-or and the refer-ee.

When this has happened we've given the the other MSP an email address and password to log in to our account. They are told to make sure to log out afterwards so that they don't accidentally upload their own models in to their account.

Naturally mistakes are made.

In the past when someone made this mistake we've emailed Matterport Support cc'ing the other MSP and with the agreement of the other individual they have switched over the billing. It's an annoyance but it was fixable.

This time we were the ones who screwed up. We were logged in to another MSP's account to do a job for them and made sure to log out. But the next day they asked us to make a tweak to the model on the iPad and reprocess and we forgot to log out the second time. Sure enough, we uploaded our next model to their account.

Yesterday when I emailed Matterport Support to ask them to fix our error I got this response:

"Thanks for contacting Matterport Support.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to move the billing from one account to another after the model has been uploaded for the first time. You will not be charged for the upload because it is considered a re-upload, but [redacted] will be charged for processing.

Please contact [redacted] and work it out with them. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I replied back essentially asking them what gives?! I copied and pasted a conversation from Matterport Support from earlier in the year where they had moved the models from one account to the other and fixed the billing errors.

They replied stating,

"Sorry for the confusion, but the billing in April was different than it is now. Currently, the first account that a model is uploaded to is the one that is charged.

Moving models from one account to another doesn't change the billing."

This is very problematic for me. Think about it. If you give me access to your account for a job, I could really screw you over if I upload a whole bunch of my own models there as well so that you get charged the processing fees for them. After they upload to your account I just reprocess them to mine and there's no fee the second time.

Obviously I will make this right with the MSP whose account our model was processed the first time on... but what if this happens to you and the other party refuses to pay you back.

Matterport HAS to come up with a solution to this problem.

Anyone else have a collaborator accidentally upload their own model to your account or have you done it to someone else by mistake?

As I said... it's happened 4 times with me and 3 different collaborators so we can't be alone on this one.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D Maybe you just got a lazy employee that does not want to go that extra mile and is just there for a pay check, or maybe they are new and have no idea how to do it or who to ask for help.
Demand to speak with someone else and explain that it has been done in the past and they should be working with msp's.
Post 2 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
If I'm reading this correctly, Matterport doesn't appear to have a problem moving a model from one MSP to another. Given that, why not just upload the model to your own account, tweak it to your satisfaction, then contact Matterport to transfer the model to another MSP? This way the billing is applied to the correct account, and you don't have to give out your login/password to anyone else with the potential fear of the other MSP not logging out.

According to Matterport's support site, they don't recommend moving spaces (attached), but it appears that they will do it.

There doesn't appear to be a perfect solution.

Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Matterport,

Great input here ...

Thank you in advance for revisiting how Collaboration Works (or doesn't work).

Time for a refresh to:

1. Make it easy to share models
2. Easier to deal with billing challenges

Perhaps if Collaboration worked differently, it would solve both at the same time AND reduce Matterport Support tickets.

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. Thanks for reading every word of the WGAN Forum
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't it be wonderful if one could initiate account-to-account transfers via Matterport Cloud, and if billing for the space would be transferred too if done within the first 48 hours?
Post 5 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same problem last week...with the same reply. They actually didn't even move it. I uploaded it to the right account and the other user deleted the scan from their account. They refused to alter billing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101268 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?