Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAutosCarPricingScans

Car dealerships and car interiors help!5857

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I was currently contacted by a dealership that has 7 locations to scan 10 car interiors per week and per location and the dealerships themselves 1 every 6 months. This is a great opportunity but their budget doesn't work well with matterport upload fee. Each scan of the interiors will be 2-4 rotations. One of the things they lived was matter tags. I was hoping someone could provide insight of alternative solution to matterport and matter tags.
Post 1 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Htimsabbub23,

I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, but, I did a couple of cars and found that two scans of the interior was enough. I was also able to insert many Mattertags. Technically, if you stuck with two scans, it shouldn't cost you anything to process.

Here are the links for the two cars I did. I will say, lighting is tricky. On the Maybach, we should have taken the car outside to take advantage of better lighting.

Good Luck.

Scott
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
Thank you, I think if I could offset the price of the vehicles that need more than two scans like suvs and Vans with the free two scans processing I could make this very possible. But to pay 20 a vehicle for 2-4 scans is a little absurd.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23

For the interior of the cars, I would use a 1-click 360º camera, a selfie pole and a mini-tripod.

I would look at the latest Ricoh Theta (with HDR) or the Insta360 One (once it offers HDR). Here's a Guide to 70+ 360º 1-click cameras curated by We Get Around.

Dan

P.S. Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Car
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@sbl110 Did you use your standard tripod on the lowest setting or have a special smaller tripod to use?

We just booked a gig to scan some specialty vehicles in a couple weeks and the plan is to just have the tripod as low as it goes, and I'm hoping that will look good.

What did you do?
Post 5 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Queen_City_3D,

I used a Manfrotto MT190XPRO3, same one that I use for everything else. Yes, it was set as low as possible. We tried other methods, smaller tripods, monopods, etc., but nothing was truly stable like the Manfrotto. The unfortunate thing is that in the Mercedes S550, you can see part of the leg in the shots.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Am I the only one that thinks that Matterport is not the right solution for a 3D Tour inside of a car?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
I agree with you Dan, Especially after asking matterport for a solution to cost. I'll be looking into cupix, but waiting to hear back about their pricing options as well. Having the ability to makes notes (mattertags) within the final product is what the client is most interested in.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@htimsabbub23

Seems to me one 360º inside a car tells the story.

The 360º can he shared with a platform such as ThreeSixty.Tours (which plays nice with WP3D Models too).

(With ThreeSixty Tours, you can annotate the 360º )

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101424 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?