Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WebGL

Instructions/Help using Player58

Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
I've had several comments from people who are viewing the models I've made public ... some feel the navigation is not intuitive and they find themselves spinning around in a corner (or something equally annoying). There doesn't appear to be any built-in Help (or I haven't been able to find it). Before I write up my own mini-manual to assist people in navigating, has anyone else created one? I hate to reinvent the wheel ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
When you set up the camera, the first image that you see will be 90 degrees to the right of the lense. Or, wherever the handle is pointing, that will be the first image online for each shot.

When your moving down a hall, make sure you stop at each door, just inside the frame, it will make the transition to each room easier to connect between scans
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen the "spinning in the corner" thing myself. It happens when you're doing a click and drag to pan around the scene, and you drag outside the boundaries of the display window (not a problem if you're full-screen, obviously). Just a click back inside the window stops it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
Glenda I haven't written a guide but I'll reach out to my Matterport contact if you'd like.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, cctucker, but that isn't the problem (and I already knew the trick about where to point the camera). The problem is with people who are trying to navigate the walk-through.

John, I've found that just clicking on one of the 4 directional arrows will also stop the spinning.

I'm referring to things like using the up/down keyboard keys to change the perspective of the dollhouse view and using the arrow icons. I've figured it out but I'd like to make it easier for the first-time viewers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Scott, can't you just write one for me? I mean, since you already know me and love me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Big love... hey I don't like the reinvent the wheel either. Email sent.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Luv ya, buddy!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Well that was quick. "We're in an awkward in-between. The navigation controls used to show by default while the model was loading. But Now the models load too fast in some cases. And the "help button" hasn't been enabled yet."

So Glenda, you're not reinventing the wheel, invent away!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Also see page 16 of the user manual. I'd simplify this.

Navigation
The controls for the Matterport 3D player are easy to use. Similar to videogames and 3D viewing software, the WASD keys control the direction you move in the 3D space, and either the mouse or arrow keys control the direction you look.

Dollhouse View
Navigation:
D – Pan Right
A – Pan Left
W – Pan Up (Floorplan) or zoom in (tilted Down)
S – Pan Down (Floorplan) or zoom out (tilted Down)
L (Right arrow key) – Rotate Right
J (Left arrow key) – Rotate Left
I (Up Arrow) – Tilt Up
K (Down Arrow) – Tilt Down

Floorplan View
An overhead 2D view of the Model
Navigation:
D – Pan Right
A – Pan Left
W – Pan Up
S – Pan Down
L (Right arrow key) – Rotate Right
J (Left arrow key) – Rotate Left
Up Arrow – Zoom In
Down Arrow – Zoom Out

Full Screen
Expands the Model to full screen. Press Escape (Esc) to exit full screen.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Well, that explains why the younger viewers are getting it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Glenda can you recreate the spinning thing? I haven't encountered that yet. My main issue is if I didn't do enough sweeps and get the user stuck in one spot. My son helped me this week and didn't do one spot between dining and kitchen... you would have to walk back around the corner through another door to get into the kitchen.

Those instructions I posted above are fine and dandy, but not for viewing on something like iPad with no keyboard. I haven't upgrading my iPad to OS8 yet so can't help with those instructions.

Personally I like using the arrow keys.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing beats the iPad for user experience IMO. Spinning only occurs if they are trying to turn around whilst it is stuck loading, or they are trying to pinch zoom.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Based on the discussion in this MUG Forum Thread, I will update our We Get Around blog post about viewing tips for a Matterport 3D Showcase.

When we deliver a 3D Showcase to a client, we include this text:

-- Takes about 10 seconds to load. Use the arrow keys to Walk-Around.
-- Click on the Floor Plan and 'Doll House' views in the bottom left corner.
-- Then, click to “fly-in” to begin your Walk-Around.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101429 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?