Connecting 3D/360° Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 47,382 Page Views | 12,326 Visitors | 83 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 59,352  |  Total Topics: 9,119
5,084 WGAN Members in 128 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Live at 5
Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell
on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5
5 pm EDT (GMT -5)
12-16 August 2019
Add to My Calendar WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos

WGAN-TV: ION360 U Unboxing and Demo5794

WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Here is the iON360 U Unboxing and Demo on WGAN-TV Live at 5 today, Wednesday, 15 November 2017.

Here is the live stream demo to Facebook.

And, here's some backstory from a WGAN Forum Post from a couple of months ago which has some good backstory, specs, etc.

best,

Dan

Video: ION360 U video courtesy of ION360

Video: ION360 U video courtesy of ION360

Hi All,

The ION360 U 360º photo-video-live stream (Facebook, YouTube) 4K camera - announced 22 May 2017 - begins shipping the end of July/early August 2017, according to their Help Desk.

The ION360 U is a battery-charging case that clips on your phone (1,300mAh battery).

The ION360 U ($349 - $249 Pre-Order until 31 July 2017) is compatible with:

✓ iPhone 7
✓ iPhone 7 Plus
✓ Galaxy S8
✓ Galaxy S8+

In a crowded field of 60+ 360º 1-click camera solutions, what I like best - based on the device's specs ...

- attached to your phone so it works just like you would expect with camera roll, sharing
- streaming 4K Video
- instantly go live (Facebook, YouTube)
- 360º photos: 7.2MP

"With the ION360 U, consumers don’t have to change the way the phone is used or download content . The device transforms a phone into a 360-degree camera with a seamless integration of hardware and software," says the ION360 U interactive product announcement website.

While the specs seem like the ION360 U would meet the Google Street View certification, there is no mention of Street View certified on the ION360 U website (which I consider a "must" requirement.

That said, I could imagine that this 360º camera - packaged as a battery case for smartphones - will be a huge success in the share-every-moment-teen market, based on its 2017 Billboard Music Awards announcement 21 May 2017.

What do you think?

Best,

Dan

#ION360 #ION360U @ion360
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I heard back form ION360 U Support.

Yes. The challenge I had with the funky 360º photos/videos was caused by pairing the early beta version of the app (used with beta version of the hardware) to the production run version of the Camera.

Yes. The iON360 U battery will charge my iPhone 8 Plus once it is fully charged. (Me being impatient.)

So, I need to remove the old, beta app. The good news; if you get this camera, you will not have this challenge

Support also wrote:

"I love your suggestion about the balance and exposure settings being a slide scale and I’ll pass that along to our developers!"

No mention about my suggestions about the case

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
60068 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute