Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Art GalleriesCritiqueScanning

Constructive Criticism Please...5736

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Working with an art gallery on a model and need some feedback...

Besides removing excess scan points and editing start position, what are your thoughts on this model:

(Note: Some scans were put to left or right of art work if the painting had glass so as not to see the camera's reflection).

It appears that the client isn't overly happy as they like another model they've viewed (not ours) and don't think the 2 quite match up as being same quality. Here's the one they are comparing to:

[matterport]https://matterport.com/3d-space/mirus-art-gallery/[/matterport]

What's funny is that this second model (which isn't ours) was obviously taken before Matterport did the correction for the yellow walls due to lights.

Any suggestions for improvements on the first model link?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D What are they not happy with? It looks good! And yes the walls are much whiter on yours. On the other example you gave they also did not trim properly on the mirror as seen it the doll house view.

With models like these and houses with exposed beams. I wish there was a way to take the ceiling off the doll house view it would look so much cleaner!
Post 2 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
I can normally find a reason to bitch about a flaw in anything, but besides the spaceing, which I understand in this case because of the artwork, its pretty much flawless.

The main problem I would say is the fact that their is no contrast on about 3/4 of the work- white walls with white frames and then a light blue- it worked well for the other gallery due to the fact that the artwork was: 1 Large and 2 Contrasted the walls with the vibrant and dark colors.

Overall I would say you did a great capture of the place and the issue is with whoever did the layout
Post 3 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Queen_city_3D,

Not sure what the client is unhappy about. Your scan points are more frequent and closer together allowing the viewer better angles of the art. In the Mirus Art Gallery sample, it seems like there are large gaps between scans.

While I've never scanned a venue like this, I think that it would be interesting to have lowered the camera for some of the views of the statues. Other than that, I prefer yours over the Mirus Art Gallery.

I think you did a much better job.

Scott
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?