Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,023 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 45 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPFREPricing

Charge for Cancellations of Photo Shoots?5729

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Do you charge for cancellations?

Here's how 15+ real estate photographers answered this question posed by Photography for Real Estate Blog (excellent blog by Larry Lohrman):

What Should Real Estate Photographers Charge for Cancellations?

We Get Around Atlanta does not charge a cancellation fee. We had a couple of jobs cancelled at the last minute because the listing got sold before the shoot date.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
aarongeis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I agree with the answer given in the first response on the blog.

For me it depends on the client relationship and how busy I am in practice.

My contract states that written notice must be given 48 hours prior to the scheduled shoot time or I will invoice for 50% of the cost estimate.

For clients I haven't worked with before or that I only work for infrequently I ask for a 50% deposit to secure the scheduled shoot time with the remainder to be paid prior to delivery.

If they don't let me know that the shoot needs to be canceled 48 hours before the shoot then they risk losing their deposit.

For corporate clients and those that I work with regularly I don't usually take the deposit and I recognize that accounting departments will often take as long as 60 days to pay.

I wouldn't want to jeopardize a great client over one or two reschedulings (if I felt like I was getting jerked around then I wouldn't count them as a 'great client') but in the many years I've been in business it has been the small business clients that only need some photos once in a blue moon that have sometimes been a problem.

So my bottom line - put it in your contract and then it's in your court to be flexible or not.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101271 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?