Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasNewbiesPro1Pro2

Should I buy a refurbished Matterport Pro1?5712

Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I am looking at getting into the 3d Imaging market (I have tech and marketing background)and before I go all in with the Matterport Pro2 ($4k) I was thinking of evaluating the market with a matterport supplied Matterport Pro1 camera for <$2k, which comes with warrantee, buy back etc. then upgrading if I find the need is there later on.

Do I take a leap of faith with the Pro2 or get a cheaper Pro1 to evaluate the potential of the market?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Yours,

Liam
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Pro2
Post 2 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Any particular reason? Or is it the Resolution.. I am just aware that there may be more competitive products coming out imminently (NCTech Iris for example)...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Resolution, wider color ranger, faster speed. Google Street View publishing at > 100MP per Pano (coming soon).

If successful, you'll be able to pay off your camera in no time.

AND -- at the current moment and foreseeable future -- Matterport is a trusted brand that is in demand. With the recent integration with Realtor.com, I'm seeing more Realtors appreciate the value in the tool. With the integration of LEICA BLK360 next year, it's going to generate much more interest in the CRE / Construction industry too.

If the Pro-2 is going to be superceded by a 'better' camera ... let's imagine that Matterport is making a Pro-3 right now that will be out next summer. In the meantime, you can build up a clientel and get skilled at using your Matterport Pro-2. I'm betting the farm that they aren't as I think that there is so much more on the processing / software end they can do with the Pro-2.

The IRIS does not create a 3D model. If you look at their website, it creates a very basic walled environment with any interior items flattened against the wall. Quite odd. However, if you've been following the CUPIX threads -- their processing engine creates a rather sophisticated 3D Mesh and the IRIS would be a camera well served by their platform.

--

Get a Pro2
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?