Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Insta360 One XWGAN

Video: Insta360 One: First Look5605

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV: Insta360 One: First Look by We Get Around Network Forum Founder Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

Insta360 One sent me a Insta360 One. I free cameras, gear and accessories!

Here's my first look - my first impressions - after playing with the Insta360 One over the weekend and briefly today.

Google Street View has the most potential for 360º enthusiasts to turn a hobby into a business. What used to take $10,000 in camera, gear, accessories, and training can now be done for less than $500. And while there are better known 360º cameras – that have been around longer – than the Insta360 line of 360º cameras, I am most excited about the Insta360 ONE. Here's my top-line:

✓ super-easy to shoot, view and share 360º photos and videos
✓ got advance features Pros expect
✓ Google Street View Ready certification (that's huge!)

Watch the video (above) for more about my fist look at the Insta360 One.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Here's the official website - www.Insta360.com - and you can buy Insta360 Camera at Amazon. Plus, here's the Guide to 360º 1-Click Cameras curated by We Get Around.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you get the Insta360 Pro, ThreeSixty Tours pairs nicely with it.

I talk about that in this video about the new ThreeSixty Tours platform from the creators of WP3D Models.

WGAN-TV: ThreeSixty Tours platform pairs nicely with Insta360 Pro Camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I have been exchanging emails with a Member of the Forum that has expressed interest in a 360º camera for 360º photo spheres and 360º video.

Below is the most recent email from the WGAN Forum Community Member and my reply ...

Dan

---

My primary interest/use is for capturing high-quality 360-degree photos. (Hopefully good-enough to be able to extract HD-or-better quality / printable portions of the 360 degree photos.

Secondary/bonus capability would be 360 videos .. which, again, I’d want to be able to easily edit into standard HD videos, with the edits directing the area of interest to pan/sweep over the original 360-video footage to extract 2D HD-quality video/stills.

From what I’ve read about, the insta360 One and the Xiaomi miJia 360 cam are two very-affordably priced ‘consumer-quality’ 360 cameras that I might consider. (Higher-resolution models of both will likely hit the market in the next year-or-so, so the question is whether to take the leap now, to get experience with the technology and software — and gauge possible market interest in the resulting images/videos — or wait for upcoming higher-resolution models to arrive.)

As a recent retiree, with an imaging/graphics/technology background, this would likely be a part-time / hobby … at least at the beginning. So I don’t think I’d want to jump-in at the Matterport pricing-level now. (Besides, they’ll likely also be developing their software for future higher-quality and lower-cost models in the near future? Perhaps there’ll be clues from this year’s photography shows, coming soon? Maybe I’ll see something even better than the Xiaomi miJia 360 cam — or their next/improved model — and decide it’s the right time to buy one!)

Thanks for your WGAN publications and forum … they’re a welcome source of technology info / updates that I’d not have the time (or budget) to personally investigate myself, to support my panorama interests/hobby.

[redacted]

---

Dear [redacted],

Based on your backstory above, I recommend that you buy the Insta360 One. You can export RAW from the Insta360 One. That's amazing. Plus, the video quality is great.

It's less than $350 – so for a hobby - it's a no brainer. I could imagine turning your hobby into a business: particularly with the publish to Google Street View feature.

If when you do decide to buy the Insta360 Pro, it's likely that all the workflow and software will be a easy, fast and seamless transition.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video: Insta360 One: First Look - Day 3

Hi All,

I had a chance to play with the Insta360 One some more. Check out the video above.

Got an Insta360 One? Share your thoughts here too.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

360º Video: Shot with Insta360 One on a monopod (not connected to iPhone). Output via Insta360 Studio software in highest resolution. Note the addition the We Get Around Logo.

Hi All,

Shot this 3600º today (19 October 2017) at a ribbon cutting ceremony at the Creative Media Industries Institute at Georgia State University.

Looks like I was too close Plus, would have been nice to take advantage of the imagine stabilization (if attached to my iPhone 8 Plus).

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Some more examples I shot today (19 October 2017) with the Insta360 One Camera ...

All three are challenging lighting conditions because of the extremes between bright and dark.

Dan

---

360º Video: Outdoor Ceremony (on monopod without stabilizer)

360º Video: Inside Lobby (on monopod without stabilizer)

360º Video: Walking Tour (on monopod without stabilizer)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Are you using the Camera's mic for sound?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leonvanzweel

Yes. Comments about the audio?

How else might I record sound?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod The Audio sounded pretty good for my old ears, especially coming from a camera recording. I was checking whether you used an external recorder /mics and added it together in post.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leonvanzweel

Thanks for the backstory.

I have been thinking about external audio solutions, but not there yet.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Insta360 Demo and Discussion on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) today, Monday, 30 October 2017.

Hi All,

I demo and discuss the Insta360 One Camera on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) today (Monday, 30 October 2017).

Topics Include:

✓ Shooting 360º Photo Spheres
✓ Shooting 360º Video
✓ Shooting 360º TimeLapse
✓ Shooting 360º Interval Shooting
✓ Camera Settings
✓ Shooting without attaching to iPhone

Wish List

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN Forum Members are welcome to join the virtual studio audience to participate in the discussion.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

On today's WGAN-TV Live at 5 (Monday, 30 October 2017), I will be talking about my Insta360 One test shoot on Sunday, (29 October 2017).

You can read the specs all day long, but you need to shoot a ton to get your workflow figured out.

I did 50+ 360ºs of the artwork along the Atlanta BeltLine.

This first batch of images where shot using Automatic, 3-second delay using the Insta360 One on a selfie pole (holding above my head): not attached to my iPhone.

What I should have done ...

1. Pair the iPhone first. Set the correct exposure default setting before uppairing the Insta360 One and my iPhone. Unfortunately, this batch of images is under exposed. It does not do the camera justice.
2. Before doing a batch import/export with Insta360 Studio to add the We Get Around logo patch (easy), first do one image to get the best size of the We Get Around logo. In this batch, the logo is too big.
3. I should have used a longer pole to get elevation above my head in order to make the logo patch cover me (that was my goal with the selfie pole, but I did not get that right).

In the second batch (not pictured), I set the camera on shooting every 5 seconds. I figured that I would walk the length of the AtlantaBelt line and publish to Google Street View

What I should have done ...

1. Unfortunately, the mapping data is not captured by the Insta360 One. It is captured by the Camera, so unfortunately, I could not publish to Google Street View. What I should have done was attached the Camera to my iPhone. (Not the best solution. Can't say I want to walk a few miles with the Insta360 One attached to my iPhone; plus, if I did this, I could not use a battery to charge the Insta360 One (Perhaps it uses the juice of the iPhone? I am not clear on this (yet).
2. I will try uploading the batch to CUPIX ( @CUPIX) to see if shooting every 5 seconds was sufficient to create a Google Street View-like walking experience
3. I do like that I can share all the images easily when I reattach the Insta360 One to my iPhone, but I can not add the We Get Around logo this way. I need to add the logo in Insta360 Studio desktop software.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) today, Monday, 30 October 2017.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Insta360 One Camera Discussion

Hi all,

Above is the recording of Monday's (30 October 2017) WGAN-TV Live at 5 program: Insta360 One Camera Discussion with @leonvanzweel

WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members receive an All Access Pass to the We Get Around Matterport Training Academy Videos, including this one.

Not yet a Member? Around 40 Membership Benefits, including the All Access Pass. Compare Plans | www.JoinStandard.com

Already a Basic, Standard or Premium Member? See the Welcome Onboard Letter for your free All Access Pass.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
101268 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?