Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Computer requirements for workshop?5561

bellyjelly private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

We recently purchased a new computer iMac late 2009 running:

All the matterport site says is needed for the workshop to run smoothly is: Mac — OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite) or later, GPU, and at least 8 GB of RAM however the workshop is extremely laggy to the point of being unable to use it.

Anyone know why this may be? Do we need to update processor or maybe graphics card?

Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
They recommend a 4GB videocard at their support page. While you don't actually need 4GB in order to run it, 256MB might be a bit of a stretch..

If your shopping for a video card nowadays, most of the budget cards come with 4GB or more.

This might be a little to late, but I'd never recommend anyone buying a system like that in 2017. The 16GB of ram is complete overkill as well in my opinion. I don't know what you paid and what you intent to use the system for besides the MP workshop, but I am pretty confident you can get a better preforming system on the cheap.

If at all possible I'd try to return it. I wouldn't spend any money on upgrading it anyways. If you can't return it, you might be able to use the RAM in an other system that is more likely to utilize it. You could then use this system with less RAM, say 4GB for example, and use it for some basic e-mailing and web browsing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101437 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?