Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceProblemsReal EstateRealtors

Problem with Multiple Scans for 1 space....5554

lcorbett private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all:

I was contracted to shoot an 8k square foot home for a client. I provided the details on how the process works and the client was having work done in their basement, as well as moving so boxes were in a number of places. They wanted the pictures from the basement rooms that were not being re-done, but the rest of it was ripped apart and I told her I had to scan it to get the photos, and would prefer to shoot it when the whole house was ready, but she did not want to do that. I explained that to re-scan the basement it would cost additional. She agreed to that and not only wanted me to go back for the basement, but then asked me to go back and re-do a nursery because the Seller had boxes everywhere. SO....after spending a number of hours getting photographs from the original scan, I had to re-process for the nursery and then re-do all work, and then re-process for basement and re-do all work. Problem is, she didn't want to pay for a full scan of basement, and now it is not walkable with the tour. I do not know what to do, as I did nothing wrong but am not happy with the amount of work or the end tour because the basement is still visible from construction period. Additionally, she complained about the photos. Any suggestions on what I can do? I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on this.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Clients like this are a pain.
Is this a one time job for her or are you expecting further jobs?
Do you have everything she agreed to in writing?
I'd push for the amount if it's a one off job or you don't want her as a future client. If you do expect more work you may need to compromise.
Outline the amount of time and effort you have put in. Put a true dollar figure on all the time you spent, present it to her and then ask her what she thinks if fair for your time. Go from there.
If you wanted to be mean get a payment (deposit say) and turn the model off until she pays the balance
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you so much. They have already paid, and I don't feel like I have done anything wrong, I just don't really know what to do about fixing the tour without her wanting to pay me to re-shoot the basement.
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
maybe rescan the basement at a discount? whats wrong with the photos?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I think I will just have to re-shoot it for free...the problem is they have moved and now there is no furniture in the rooms already shot. I don't know if anyone else notices this, but with the Pro2, the pictures come out distorted when you try to get a good shot of a room. A countertop looks too long, one window looks bigger, etc. I fixed this on a few of the photos, but she was stating that they like the DSLR pictures that have the special filters on them better.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101634 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?