Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingZillow

Zillow testing 3-D tour capture5544

LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user

https://www.inman.com/2017/10/05/zillow-testing-3-d-tour-capture-app-for-iphone/?utm_source=newsflash&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsflash&utm_content=20171005_readmore

Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This is not a 3D tour. It's just panoramas and arrows. Been there, seen it, done it.

link to home with 3d tour
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 agreed you've "Been there, seen it, done it."... HOWEVER when you have prospects that still refer to 3D tours as "videos"... I'm thinking they will be the same people saying I can do what you do for free. Not that they will ACTUALLY do it. Just imagining the conversations.

I took a look at Scottsdale listings over $1.5M and 2 out of the newest 20 listings used the Zillow app to create a free video. So roughly 10% took the time and effort on a potential $30,000 commission (half of a 4% commission). So not imagining this will be any different except for increased push back and the ever present pressure to reduce rates.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@MetroPlex360, @LewisBishop, after two years of work Zillow has succeeded in creating an app that is pure garbage! Like MetroPlex360 said, 360ºs and arrows. And not even a good 360º panotour. Nothing to lose sleep over.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I have heard a lot of Realtors praise realtor.com recently and it makes me very happy to tell them about the partnership with Matterport.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@LewisBishop

Eventually, Zillow will make it easy, fast and seamless to publish from many under $500 360º Camera Solutions such as the $130 Insta360 Air that pairs with an Android phone – just as Google Street View is doing with its certification program.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I think the game changer is not the technology it’s the adoption of the technology by the user.

I agree that Zillow will continue to improve (how can you not improve investing $200M a year in R&D).

The disconnect is that it’s currently easy, fast, and seamless. If you look at their video capture app and the example. Agent takes their phone app out, opens app, types in property address, press record button to record each section of the home and can approve or erase each recorded section as they are walking through the house, they then upload the video. The listing does not even have to be active. Once they are ready to have the video be visible they simply activate it.

That is not hard or time consuming yet I’d guesstimate 10-20% adoption rate based on most the searches I’ve performed.

The key is not the technology itself but the end user MUST use it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@LewisBishop ... or the end user must see it.

Zillow is a highly visible site and a product that is much more visible may have more value than a Matterport Tour to some. That's an area to have a bit of concern. I think we all agree that Zillow's app is nothing more than a DIY Panorama + HotSpot maker.

I want someone to pay me $200M in R&D.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101437 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?