Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricingTravelWeddingWire

Matterport for WeddingWire5423

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone scanning for WeddingWire? They reached out to me and I agreed to shoot for them however, the first job they sent me was 12,000 square feet and they wanted to pay me $250! I looked at the original email and they had a scale that said 10,000 and above would be $350 so I made them change it to that. Still WAY TOO CHEAP! The other square footage ranges are more realistic but still cheap.

Does anyone else have a pay scale from them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

WeddingWire is using the We Get Around Network Find a Matterport Pro Map to source Matterport Pros.

While I never mentioned them by name in this We Get Around Network Forum discussion ...

I need help with up to 2,000 scans in the US

.... that's whom reached out to us for a massive amount of Matterport Spaces 3D Tours.

Pricing is between you and WeddingWire.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Ah, I see. Hopefully I don't get many 10,000 square foot scans or I will have to renegotiate with them. I can't afford to work for less than $.03/square foot. It's also over an hour from my location!
Post 3 IP   flag post
stitchvr private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to be seen by Wedding Wire directly? We are in [redacted] and would love to help out if this is still going on!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@stitchvr

We Get Around Network makes it super-easy and super-fast for potential clients to find you. Potential leads is one of around 40 Standard Membership Benefits. Compare Plans | www.JoinStandard.com

The Green, Blue and Purple "pins" on the WGAN Find a Pro Map have public profiles.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
The unfortunate situation is that someone somewhere will take the referrals. A 12,000 sqft scan at $250 is essentially $30ish/Hour. Each of these referring partners will want you to simply upload to there account so they can do the "hard work". However once you factor in Gas, insurance, and cost of equipment... how in the world is there money in that?

As long as any person referring can find someone to do it for next to nothing... they will. You've built little to no relationship so the second you are not available, someone comes in cheaper, or there's simple another person closer... they are gone.

I can't help but think... one broken camera and you went from "I made a few bucks" to broke. They have zero exposure... don't have the man power... they need you. Yet... would have been content as dogs to pay you $250, $200, $150...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
With Wedding Venues, my assumption is that this will involve scanning large open spaces -- thus it's not comparable to a home of 5,000 SQFT with multiple rooms -- this is something that can be scanned much faster.

We're talking churches, wedding chapels, auditorium like places. These are large tours with fewer scans needed for success.

So ... take this as an example:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6w1ARqXfDKL

3,143 SQFT with 58 Scans. About 12 of those were a loft area that would likely be unnecessary if this were a venue in question. So let's say 3,134 SQFT with 46 scans. That's a 60 minute scan for $250. That works.

I think this might not be such a bad deal -- especially as a compliment to your existing business.

Now my question is ... can I sell the client a Google Street View tour?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot agree more with you @Richierichks and @LewisBishop. You front the cost for "Gas, insurance, and cost of equipment".

We all could go on and on with this one where you front the cost of equipment that is going to wear out or break one day. On top of vehicle and travel expenses, there is so much more with business license, liability insurance, another Ipad or camera when the day comes where they wear out. Heaven forbid we ever want another DSLR lens, video rigs and drone. The business needs to invest in itself. All the costs we have for things like file storage, marketing and hosting just to keep our doors open. I don't see these items brought up enough for objection handlers with our leads.

Every time a middle man re - butts with something like - ""Each of these referring partners will want you to simply upload to there account so they can do the "hard work". "" Stand up to these guys trying to strong arm our community! We spend longer hours shooting these than DSLR photo shoots or drones, we do the editing and upload and in some cases, multiple times.

The only hard work these guys have is fronting the payment of $999 for 200 Matterport slots and marketing in our areas to compete against us with our own equipment and labor time while they're advertising and competing with us in our own markets. What's the math there? These guys are only out about $16 - $20 and in some cases $40 for the upload fee that gets billed at the end of the month.

@Metroplex360 does bring up a good point that the open areas can shoot faster and could offer some discount room. However, look at the black marks between the pews in his tour. Are markings like this going to be acceptable to the middleman and the price you agreed to? I have a feeling the wedding tables could block many parts of your floor plan.

@hometakes had a good piece on people get what they pay for in another recent post "Do you chase perfect dollhouses?". "you should only seek perfection if you are getting "perfection money".

If it's a business, I'd factor in what hurdles you can have that will cost you more time and money like your drive, parking, and the locations employees in the way of some of your shots. Charge what you believe you are worth. Agents may offer some flexibility in discounts. When a business has been good, offer a discount down the line as an appreciation. As for these middle guys, they could disappear when the next cheap skate enters your market who got duped into Matterport sales.

Then negotiate. Cut them off with the hosting BS they already paid for on their end. They aren't doing any more work on their end. Based on what Metroplex mentions, you could offer a discount knowing it's a more open space. Good Luck
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Every time a middle man re - butts with something like - ""Each of these referring partners will want you to simply upload to there account so they can do the "hard work". "" Stand up to these guys trying to strong arm our community! We spend longer hours shooting these than DSLR photo shoots or drones, we do the editing and upload and in some cases, multiple times.

"The Hard Work"
#1) Getting the Client
#2) Tagging the Model
#3) Picking the lamest starting point and thumbnail image.

While #1 is pretty huge, I cannot stress how often I am appalled by ... everyone I subcontract from who does the workshop job on the tours I turn in. The start image is usually captured at 100% (You should always zoom to 80% or 90% when snapping that beautiful first impression image).

Quote:
@Metroplex360 does bring up a good point that the open areas can shoot faster and could offer some discount room. However, look at the black marks between the pews in his tour. Are markings like this going to be acceptable to the middleman and the price you agreed to? I have a feeling the wedding tables could block many parts of your floor plan.

My pews... Agreed. BTW - this tour was the first outing for the Pro-2 during a field test. I scanned this tour with both the Pro-1 and Pro-2 and scanned each position equally. I was curious to see if the pews would be auto-filled ... and they weren't. BUT! I'm actually VERY happy that those gaps are there as they serve as an EXCELLENT example for you to pose to the forums. Is this acceptable for a company like 'WeddingWire'?

--

Quote:
Cut them off with the hosting BS they already paid for on their end.

Shh! That's how some people are raking in the millions on the forum

Quote:
Based on what Metroplex mentions, you could offer a discount knowing it's a more open space.

Just trying to find a silver lining really. I've subbed a 11,000 job at $0.04/sqft that turned out to be 14,000 - partly because I was chasing something that wasn't really necessary (https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EinjPnhUQ3m). That's not the way to run a business, but as the total payout was $400 and I managed to knock it out in 5 hours ... I was fine and wanted to do it my way. (They didn't 'need' peaks into each room, but I figured that the dollhouse view would look weird without them - and while the mesh is missing bits in the floor - I completed all the walls, so if they wanted to use the OBJ file to do something cool, it wouldn't take too much effort to fill the floor.)

I'm still a believer in the $0.10/sqft pricepoint. When subbing a job, you generally need to accept less ($0.05 to $0.067 sounds fair to me)

--

Great post!
Post 9 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks is your pay similar????

They are trying to snake me on a job.

The project is about 5,258 SF

Entry Way - 400 SF
Founders Room - 348 SF
Club Room - 1,200 SF
Dining Room- 3,310 SF

Payment should be $250 per email below and they only want to pay $200.

Small venue scan: less than 2,000 square feet
Compensation: $150 (up to 2 hours travel time)
$30 per hour if additional travel time needed

Medium venue scan: 2k - 4.5k square feet
Compensation: $200 (up to 2 hours travel time)

Large venue scan: 4.5k - 6k square feet,
Compensation: $250 (up to 2 hours travel time)

Extra large venue scan: >6k SF, 4+ hours scan time
Compensation: case-by-case basis

Then they approached me on another. This was a Saturday morning from 10 AM to 2 PM. Yes, onsite for 4 hours because only certain portions of the venue would be available at certain times. Total SF was over 6k. Payment was to be $250. I passed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
How many times do you show up and the site is either not 100% ready, you have people on site that randomly walk into the area you are working, or you that one person that wants to chew your ear off with questions? It's impossible to know ahead of time how much time you are going to invest.

There are so many variables that I have such a hard time when people tell me "oh it's a big space so it'll scan quicker than a normal residential job. Can you guarantee that's the case? And that's true for every aspect of the job. An example would be payment... for all of my customers payment is due upon delivery. Of the times I've had issue collecting payment... it's always been with these referral services.

I also stand by my statement... you're simply not building a business relationship. Yeah... these guys interact a ton with WGA forum. But are YOU getting steady business? If you are then maybe there's a business case for taking less. If not then what is the real gain for you and your business?

I just don't get it... I don't get how "$0.05/sqft" or 50% of your standard pricing sounds fair. Are they committing to millions of scanned feet a year? What are you and your business gaining for that reduced rate? Often when I see this it's for one job and the "promise" of more to come.

@BrianM "Payment should be $250 per email below and they only want to pay $200." Do you mean you performed work and they are trying to pay you less than agreed AFTER you delivered the model?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
I will say that my first scan for them worked out very well. It turned out to be a little smaller than originally communicated and as @Metroplex360 said, it was a very open space so it didn't take as long as expected. I also ended up doing a few extra 360 scans.

It would have been done in the time that I allotted for it if as @LewisBishop mentioned, the customer was no where near ready for me even though I had told him how to be ready the week before. I ended up helping them for over an hour before I could start my scans. I would like to see WeddingWire have a "readiness policy" that would cost the customer in this type of situation.

The customer volunteered the information that the scan was free to him so WeddingWire is paying the fee. He also talked to me about some additional scanning which he will have to pay for, so I may get a considerable amount of additional business.

I have a couple more scheduled with them and so far I am on board with the program. When I asked WeddingWire for additional money due to the size they immediately raised it and seem to be very accommodating. If you do these for them and they try to low ball you just tell them that isn't the rate that you agreed on in the original email.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@LewisBishop Yes, the work order says $200 not $250.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@BrianM - I just sent the email to them and said that it should have been a higher price per their rate schedule and they changed it right away.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I did the same and they have not replied.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@BrianM / @RichieRichKS - If you need a second opinion on the total # of SQFT scanned, PM me with a link. OR! I believe that @JuMp has a tool that you can use too..
Post 16 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Metroplex360 I used the @JuMp tool to see the actual square footage.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here are other WGAN Forum posts that include the tag: WeddingWire

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Others that want to share your experience?

Best,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
They have yet to get back to me with the price I offered. I realize they could lead to more jobs, but the first job is more than an hour away and as everybody said,they pay 250 for a huge job, that price includes two hours of drive time. I’d be happy to work with them at my price, I won’t at their price...
Post 20 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
Do you sign up as a vendor and get an account on the Weddingwire site? How can I look into being a provider for them?
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@srennick

WeddingWire is using the We Get Around Network Find a Pro Map...

Please see this related WeddingWire discussion:

I need help with up to 2,000 scans in the US

Major markets are their first priority.

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Hopefully @WeddingWire will contact the Metroplex360 team ...
Post 23 IP   flag post
jmurphy private msg quote post Address this user
Ive tried to find the answer to my questions in all of Wedding Wires FAQs and terms of service but haven't had much luck or maybe I don't understand all the legal jargon. Are we allowed to share the scans/videos that they create for their clients after we do the scans?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@jmurphy We are not allowed to share them with the venue. The contract that they sign states that they are not allowed to use it on their website. As far as us showing it as an example of our work, i dont see why not. They dont want the venue to have it because they want people to book through WeddinWire.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@RichieRichKS I just had a Wedding Wire client contact me wanting a reshoot with a Pro-2 (instead of a Pro-1) and a Google Street View posted! They loved what was done, but want the same tech for their website!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Metroplex360 Nice! I need to see if I can flip some of mine! Have you done many of them? They have sent me a pretty good amount of business. It's really helped me out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@RichieRichKS I didn't do the initial scan, so I'm not flipping it. I think that technically, it might be a violation of their TOS to solicit to clients that you are working for under their name. At the same time, if they've already made the sale of services and provided the promised Matterport tour - I do not technically see a conflict of interest. Just know, I'm advocating selling tours and GSV to people who also use Wedding Wire for listings -- not necessarily advocating doing this if you are a provider for them.

And for what it's worth -- any place on weddingwire.com that has had a Matterport tour is an ideal client to market to. Check out their website -- would a Matterport Tour benfit them? Would a GSV tour benefit them?

The same is true about anyone with a tour on apartments.com. If they are familiar with the technology and would like to have a tour that they are allowed to use in their own marketing, they might be excellent potential clients.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Ah, OK. Yeah, I had a conversation with them the other day trying to make sure I don't overstep my boundaries with their customers. I don't see a conflict of interest with it either, but just wanted to make sure.
Post 29 IP   flag post
101422 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?