Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMuseumsPro3

How to pitch MP to Museums / Tourism Venues5422

Snap private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I would like to approach some museums in my area but I already anticipate that their biggest concern would be discouraging people to see it in real life because they can see it online. How can I convince them otherwise?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap - I would imagine that a COOL angle would be documenting limited time exhibits so that the museum can retain the exhibit after it is over and present it as an archive after it is over.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you @Metroplex360, that is a good idea.
Post 3 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Would advice the same, besides that you could limit the viewpoints or just extract 360 panos for marketing.

A big issue still is, that if they want to use the full version just "inhouse" or in a intranet, that´s not possible with Matterport.

The biggest issue here in germany & europe are still the MP legals, especially with government related institutions. They have strict orders and restrictions. So if a government museum pays money, they want to make sure they get and own all data forever with a single payment. That´s also not possible with MP.

I hope I could find out the real world limits and acceptance with a munich crowdfunding project:
clickable text

Currently as my campaign is in preparation you can find info on Twitter @munich-artwalk or via the global #stadtraumkunst
and on Facebook.
Post 4 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Also the agency of some good friends I worked for and with, got the contract to relaunch the tourism portal for the city of munich: https://www.arithnea.de/aktuelles/pressemitteilungen/landeshauptstadt-muenchen/ (german press release).

Hope we can bring also some content into it in 2018.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you @mori
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap hi this is something I do regularly with one of NZ biggest museums. I scan for archival purposes but they are also doing a massive digital push. They are wanting to make their collections available for everyone to see. It's obviously different museum to museum and I know these guys are at the forefront of the movement but it's exciting and a great way for museums to open the doors to anyone anywhere in the world.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you @Property3dNZ that is really great to know! If you have any links you could send me to use as an example, that would be very much appreciated!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Angel of the North - Gateshead | Matterport Tour courtesy of Kris Atkinson (via Matterport Blog)

Matterport Blog (30 March 2023) We’ve captured the heavenly countenance of a British icon | Matterport’s Kris Atkinson lives a stone’s throw from the Angel of the North, and he couldn’t wait to see it in a whole new light.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?