Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Hardware ErrorPro2ProblemsSensor ErrorUrgent

Matterport Pro2 "Wifi Fault" Error5381

firoze private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone i just joined this WGAN,

last month i got down a matterport pro2 camera, connected it first time to my ipad(9.7inch. 5th gen. 2017) got connected did some testing and everything worked fine. switched the camera off and switched it on(the second time) and i see an error saying :

Hardware error: wifi fault contact support@matterport.com

the wifi signal indicter light does not light-up and the camera is not visible on the ipad anymore.

tried everything possible; moved to a new location, switched off all signal emitting devices, waited till the battery if fully dead, etc... (there is nothing much you can do from the cameras side with only two buttons and a dead wifi which is the only way to connect to the camera)

spoke to matterport and they were very quick in responding by sending another camera asap...but believe guys; the same error showed up when i tried to connect to the new camera for the second time.

spoke to matterport again and again their response was to send another camera. which is not the solution...i think

btw : i live very far from USA and its not easy receiving and sending cameras from this part of the world.

now i have two cameras with the same error and im clueless on what to do about this...any help will be much appreciated.

attaching 2 images of the error

Post 1 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
You have some pretty cool bookends for your library there. Lol. Sorry to hear this has happened to you twice. I hope you have a Pro 1 you can fall back on until this is resolved.
Post 2 IP   flag post
this is my first matterport camera and its pro2 thats it. im quite new to this camera industry...and im a 3D Visual Effects artist and i develop interactive walk-throughs using unreal game engine. first time with this kind of hardware
Post 3 IP   flag post
Definitely not a good first impression of Matterport. I don't recall seeing anyone else in the forum posting about this issue. If they're going to send you out a 3rd camera I would see if they would also send a Pro 1 so you can get to work should the same issue arise with the 3rd Pro 2. Seems weird that 2 in a row would have the same wifi issue. Chances are a third wouldn't, but I'd err on the side of caution since you've been through this twice already. All they can do is say no.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here's the problem with only having one way to connect to the devise they cant send you any software to load or run any diagnostics on it from where we are because if the wifi is dead the camera is useless if it had a USB port or secondary way to attach to it there might have been something they could have done.
Post 5 IP   flag post
thanks a lot Chadcloses for the 'tell them to send a Pro1 instead ' idea thats better than ending up with the 3rd camera that doesn't work.

YES, i really wish they had a secondary connector, so that they could troubleshoot it remotely...and know what went wrong before they send another camera.

i will put this across to them and see.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@firoze

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

In the last three years, I have seen WGAN Forum posts like your just a few times. This error messages always resulted in Matterport replacing the Camera.

Matterport Camera indicates Hardware Error
Matterport Hardware Sensor error - help!

My impression is that each time a Pro had this problem, Matterport worked quickly to replace the Camera. Given that Matterport is willing to replace your Camera, that seems to be the path to take. It's likely that they want the failed Camera to determine what is causing this problem.

Please do keep us posted on how you get this resolved.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
thank you @DanSmigrod

do you think i should send them one camera first and wait till they troubleshoot it and send me a reply or you think sending both the cameras back is the best way to go ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd send both back they're useless anyways.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@firoze

I would follow Matterport's direction of how they would like to handle this.

I could imagine that they will ship you a new Camera first and ask you to send back the bad Camera in the box that arrives.

Again, I would defer to Matterport about how they would like to handle this.

The few times that this swap has occurred - that I have read about in the WGAN Forum - Members were very happy with how Matterport handled ...

Please do let us know how this all gets resolved.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadcloses
Here's the problem with only having one way to connect to the devise they cant send you any software to load or run any diagnostics on it from where we are because if the wifi is dead the camera is useless if it had a USB port or secondary way to attach to it there might have been something they could have done.

What an incredible insight. Matterport might do very well to enable Bluetooth as a backup connection method as that's built into the unit too. Redundancy is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@firoze

I would follow Matterport's direction of how they would like to handle this.

I could imagine that they will ship you a new Camera first and ask you to send back the bad Camera in the box that arrives.

Again, I would defer to Matterport about how they would like to handle this.

The few times that this swap has occurred - that I have read about in the WGAN Forum - Members were very happy with how Matterport handled ...

Agreed with Dan. Matterport's Live Chat support on their website has been excellent to me in the past. It's crazy, I've seen these cameras die and have technical issues often -- however, they'll survive a fall!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your valuable inputs...just chatting with them on this matter will update you when it reaches to a conclusion.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi,

just an update

As predicted Matterport offered me to send the 3rd Camera with a Return Note. I requested them to do all the tests and update the firmware before sending it...thats all i can do and hope for the best.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@firoze

Got an update for us?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hi,

Okay...this is the update...

The matterport support team informed me that their engineering has found the root of the error...which is : the wifi does not work in certain countries like mine...because regional code is different. they have received this error not only from me but from a few more owners of Pro2 cameras in different countries...it seems.

Solution : they are working on a firmware update. The bad news is that they can't tell a date it will be ready (it can take months also)

My situation: it has been more than 45 days I have brought the camera...still not been able to shoot even single space...it's very very frustrating...and on top of that getting scolded by clients for giving false promises...the icing on the cake is that I can't give My clients a date I'll be up and running...because the engineering team is working without a deadline...hmmmmm.

I would have given up when I got the issue in my first camera...but that's not what i am...I will wait till we find a solution...I hope and pray it comes fast.

Nevertheless...the support team is trying their best to sort it soon and has been very supportive...but I don't know for how long I can go with that support...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Unfortunately because the wifi won't work there is no way for them to update the camera you have remotely, which means even after they fix the issue you'll have to wait even longer because they'll have to ship you an updated version. They should be working on a way to batch your camera remotely, or have you sent all your cameras back to them?
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@firoze

Ugh! Thanks for the update.

I would return the cameras until the issue is international Wi-Fi is resolved. Then, you can decide if you want to move forward with Matterport.

If I was Matterport, I would refund your money and ask you to hold on to one of the Cameras for testing. Once you finished successful testing, then they would give you the option of buying the Camera - at a discount of $1,000 - that you have for your help trouble-shooting the Wi-Fi firmware fix.

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
Matterport sent be a pro camera yesterday as a loaner till the pro2 wifi issue is sorted out...at least now I can start working

Did some test scans today everyting is working fine.

But, surely can see that detail levels and the quality pro2 is very much better than the pro...Hopefully they will update the firmware soon...all fingers crossed

Thank you all for your valuable feedback!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Didn’t you suggest they sent you a Pro 1 months ago? I thought I had mentioned you should tell them to send you a Pro 1 so you could get started. Did you even mention that to them when this issue first arose?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yes, this was one of my suggestions after the second camera failed... but didn't push it much cos no one knew at that time, what was causing that error on pro2. After they diagnosed it, took them around 2 weeks to realize that firmware update is not going to come out soon so they sent the pro.
Post 20 IP   flag post
101436 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?