Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyNewbies

Minimum Upload speed required5301

melanietp private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all. I'm considering buying a Matterport for our real estate business and I have a quick question. I live in the mountains and our internet is primitive at best. Phone service (WiFi because it's the only way to get service)is even worse. Will I have enough speed to upload scans and download whatever else we need? I tested speeds today (Speedtest free app). Home speed is 11.51 for Download and 1.14 for uploads with 46 Ping.

If I go into town (only one red light)the best speeds are by the library. Download speed is 7.72, upload is 8.77 and PING is 69. I can always go to library to do my business (but what a bother)

We've been promised better internet, but it's been years... I currently have to put my real estate photos on a flash drive and take it to realtor because it took days (literally) to download.

Thanks for your input. Be warned that I am rather ignorant about internet speeds etc and have no real idea what ping etc means...
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@melanietp

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

1.14 Mbps upload would be so painful, you would return your Camera within 30 days, even if you loved it.

8.77 Mbps upload would be painful for me. Let's see what others say. If you had 8.77 Mbps, you could start your upload when you got home and (maybe) the model would upload by morning. The model would still need to process.

The challenge with going to the library is that you would need to be there for a long, long time.

You kinda sum it up when you say your move images via a flash drive.

Plus, my understanding is that the new Matterport Camera - Matterport Pro2 3D Camera - creates a bigger file than our Pro1 Camera. So, even more painful.

You are asking a great question about upload speed.

If you still want to go forward, double-check that Matterport will take the Camera back within 30 days, if you decide that uploading is just too painful.

Wish I had better news for you.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Well Dan, that bites. I can't tell you how frustrating my internet has been and how many times I've had the service guys come to the house. Is there any other way to work around this? Any ideas out there? Thanks again for your time!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@melanietp

Move.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Post 5 IP   flag post
What is considered basic internet speeds I should have to use Matterport?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Anybody know what the basic internet speed needed to use Matterport? I may rent an office...need to know what internet speed is minimum. Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
wlee1684 private msg quote post Address this user
If you're fine with leaving your ipad somewhere and letting it upload while you do something else then 8 megabits upload might make it work. As far as I know there is no minimum bandwidth requirement, it just might take longer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you wlee1684.

Besides the upload of the scans, is there any other time I would need to rely on decent internet speeds? How about the Realtors? Do they have to download to their computers and then upload into MLS etc (my ignorance is showing). They won't want a painful internet experience.

Thanks again!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?