Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Was curious to see if anyone has been using the .OBJ file after capturing the space?

I would like to know what someone with the proper skill set can do with the file? Create accurate floor plans, possibly print 3D models of spaces, etc. Just seems like there is probably some great data in there. I just have no idea what can be done with it!

Would love to hear from anyone with some knowledge/experience/ideas

Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
fabien private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Starting with Meshlab imo is a good thing, it's free, easy to use and works even with big file size.

Regards

Fabien
Post 2 IP   flag post
virtualsweden private msg quote post Address this user
I am importing into Unity and then to the Oculus Rift
Post 3 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
The matterport scan with unity & oculus rift is kind of neat, but I wouldn't say its ready for anything practical.
Post 4 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
I am using the OBJ file to start Sketchup 3D models of buildings that need to be remodeled. I guess that I have to post a video of that. It is just that I hadn't have time.

Even though the 3D mesh is by no means considered "high quality" or "accurate enough" I may argue that it gives level of certainty and convenience that no other technology can give at this price.

-Yair
Post 5 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
Yair, We would love to see your video. We have been rebuilding from scratch with the obj measurements out of the workshop. We's love to see how you are doing it. We have not really found it to be a time saver to use the original obj.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
Cloud compare is another great software program that is free and you can take a cross section out to use for a 2d drawing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone! Not sure if these guys are part of this group,.. but Scott over @ Matterport sent me their link. They are doing some pretty cool things with the scan. Check them out!

http://vimeo.com/spacescan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome stuff!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?