Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Matterport Showcase 2.0528

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't recall the price but the process can be fairly easy. You take the OBJ file and convert it to a view you can slice and export which makes the conversion fairly easy just time consuming.
Post 26 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Another way is like I was talking about earlier, take the floor plan view clip it export and size in CAD program and trace it, again time consuming. I would pay the $49 but hope there is option to add labels.

Ron
Post 27 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
so pleased I selected this product
Post 28 IP   flag post
PedroPretell private msg quote post Address this user
Coming this fall.. So, these updates will become available between September and December. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Based on the video, I have a concern that the floor plan can be ordered directly from the Showcase. This would allow our clients to order this without our ability to add this as an additional service. In addition, I'm not sure a client would want everyone with access to Showcase to obtain floor plans.
Post 30 IP   flag post

smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Great update!

I hope they can be removed and added as needed so not to clutter the screen if not wanted.
Post 31 IP   flag post
ToddRuhl private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! Can't wait to use the "Mattertags"...
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
All,

Looks like many of your "wish list" items have made it into Matterport Showcase 2.0 and Schematic Floor Plans

Watch “Matterport New Features Announcement” video.

#exciting

Dan
Post 33 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've spent a few months wondering why we could add measurements in Workshop but not see them in the Showcase. I'd figured that when this capability was added, I could make a few extra bucks offering real live floor plans as a value added service. The $49 "Schematic Floor Plan" means we'll never see this functionality. And it's hard to upcharge for the service when Matterport is less than shy about putting this stuff out in the public eye.

I'm somewhere between disappointed and pissed off about the way this has gone.
Post 34 IP   flag post
vincent private msg quote post Address this user
I am sad they are not supplying the floor plan in CAD format.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor

Since you were at Inman Connect, other thoughts on Showcase 2.0?

Plus, can you post a video or your presentation at Inman Connect San Francisco either to a new thread or related thread?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
They announced this at Inman Connect on Tuesday, its nice to see they are listening to consumer requests. I think the branding they're offering is less than desired but it's a start. Mattertags are cool, and the automated video option was neat, it kind of reminded me of what iGuide offers.

I'm still waiting for the ability to make changes within model and automated VR creation though.
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor

Can you describe the automated video option?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 38 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Per your request;
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/541/inman-connect/

It appears they are calling it property highlight (#5 on video in this link)
http://matterport.com/blog/announcing-showcase-2-0-and-schematic-floor-plans/

Basically you picked the path you wanted for your fly through video, and how long you'd like to pause and pan at each stop.
Post 39 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnBecker On the whole I'm very impressed and excited with this update, but I have to agree with you, once people can start dealing with Matterport directly it makes a photo/marketing agency's job very difficult. More than that, customers can squeeze us agencies out of supply chain far easier.

In most cases, $49 is too high a price in Europe for floorplans. Most realtors will not pay for something that is already compiled by a surveyor. I just hope they put the control of what extra services and add-ons can be included in the hands of the account owner/photographer.

Nobody has an idea of the exact date of these updates, just "in the fall"?

What about the other products they were developing, commenting, live editing, the production studio? Have these all been burned, shelved or works in progress?
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Three Matterport team members were kind enough to give me a 1:1 hour demo of Matterport Showcase 2.0 this week.

My initial reaction, WOW! WOW! WOW! I am blown away with what's coming from Matterport this Fall.

I write about the Top six new features that I am most excited about here:

Matterport Showcase 2.0 Rocks for 3D Photographers and Real Estate Agents

On a personal note about all the new Matterport features, it was gratifying to receive this email from Matterport Founder Matt Bell Wednesday (12 August 2015): "Your forum members' feedback was very helpful in helping us choose and prioritize features for Showcase 2.0. It's great to have a passionate group of users who are eager to help shape the product."

You (All) Rock! You did that!

While we are a cranky bunch at times, we all Matterport (that's why we are early adaptors) AND we want it to be even better IMMEDIATELY.

So, while we are quick to point out the slightest pimple, I'm sure Matterport knows that are hearts are all in the right place. We (all) just would like the future to arrive sooner (please).

Dan
Post 41 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if you will be able to add the annotations etc to existing showcases?

Also, will it be for the mesh(workshop) version of the tour or the main tour? I thought the 3d mesh data was not present in the main tour and was just images. Was just thinking that it will need geometry to have these tags link.
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

1. Good news ...
2. Good news ...
3. Bad news ...
4. Good news ...

1. Good news - the Matterport product development team reads the Matterport User Group Forum Member posts to help improve the platform. (be nice and helpful please)

2. Good news - Matterport has reached out directly to many vocal members of our community (including me) to ask us to participate in a beta of the next version of Showcase 2.0

3. Bad news - because we have been asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), we have been asked not to post comments about things that get shared with us that are still confidential. This means that the most vocal and helpful members of the Forum may be surprisingly silent about posting to Showcase 2.0 related thread posts.

4. Good news - subsequent releases of Showcase 2.0 are likely to be much, much better (and sooner)

I thought might want to know why this and other Showcase 2.0 related threads have gone quiet. If you are not under NDA, feel free to post knowing that your voice is being heard. Again, as always, please be nice and helpful in your critique of Showcase 2.0.

Much thanks,

Dan
Post 43 IP   flag post
PeterMatterport private msg quote post Address this user
Please continue to post feedback on the current publicly released products... We do value feedback from everyone including the "vocal members", and we hope you do not go silent.

If anyone else wants to join the Beta program which is being developed, please PM me.

Thanks

Peter
Post 44 IP   flag post
101641 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?