Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TipsWrong

A scan in the wrong place in the Capture app5254

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

While scanning now, a scan ended up in the wrong place in the Capture app.

This can happen occasionally when there is low overlap from the previous scan and/or there is sun or reflection of the sun in the scan.

Best practices is always double check that your scans are where you expect them

If in the wrong place, I delete the scan and then move the camera closer to the previous scan.

Has this happened to you?

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Oooooooh yes! Scanned an entire empty floor in an office tower and saw the scan was misplaced. Because it never happened to me before I thought it was a "glitch." I proceeded with the final 25 percent of the floor. Sent to be stitched and when I saw it--I freaked!

The first thing I did was go to MUG where I received some excellent advice. Fortunately, I still had the model on the iPad. I returned the next day, deleted the offending scans and rescanned the last part. Of course, the client never knew how I botched it up the first time and was delighted with the final model. Now, anytime that happens, like Dan says, fix it on the spot. Trust us--it's not a glitch. ;c)
Post 2 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes - had this issue several times. Especially when scanning big empty spaces and outdoors.

To avoid scanning issues it often helped to totally change position to another spot you scanned already - best a wall or corner place - and start from there to the area you need to scan.

And of course reduce the distance between scan spots in the area where these issues came up.

Another option - if possible - is to place markers or objects, so the cam has something for the orientation.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed this primarily when scanning outdoors w/ wide open spaces and uv interference and am always extra careful in checking scan location when doing so. In this instance- deleting the scan, lowering the tripod, moving closer to an exterior wall as well as decreasing distance between scans has resolved the issue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?