Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesScanning

Did I miss a room scanning with Matterport?5251

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am scanning a 6-bedroom home today.

It's got many bonus rooms and spaces.

Concerned that I might miss a room.

Don't want to come back to add a room.

Have you ever missed scanning a room and had to return again to Finnish scanning?

Did you ever make that mistake again? 😎

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I only had this happen once, where I had to return. It was in Sedona Ariz and the capture program just failed. This resulted in a situation where I just would have to start over.

What happened is after I scanned the room just diappeared, I scanned it, it showed filled in on the floor , but a did a scan in other room and it just disappeared. It was like 9 scans were abducted by space aliens.

After all it was Sedona.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
Because I've been photographing real estate for 7 years now, I've learned over time to open every door because you never know what may be behind it. The second house I photographed had a hidden stairway in the kitchen pantry that lead to an awesome game room upstairs. Since then I've been called the nosy photographer by some agents because I look behind every door.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jasondavidpage

Yup! I open every door during the walk through with the client.

I discovered a washer and dryer space today, in an unexpected place.

Yikes!

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago. I assumed it was a pantry and never looked. I was just scanning because they already had pictures. I got home and decided to look at the picture to find out they were iPhone pictures. Well, I kept flipping and started to see rooms that did not look familiar. That pantry was stairs to a bedroom and game room. Come to find out, there is no pantry in that house!

The fun fact about this house is that has been on market for probably 90 days and ZERO showings. I didn't take stills, so I pulled some off Matterport for her and dropboxed them. She emailed about a week later and said still no movement. I thought no kidding! I asked about the pictures I sent and she said she was not putting them up because she always takes her own and never had a problem before. I did not argue with her because the customer is always right! I did mention that the pictures are someone's first impression.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?