Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansReal EstateScanningSwimming Pool

Indoor Swimming Pool Meets Matterport5207

Stingo private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Could anyone let me know their experiences with indoor swimming pools surrounded one side by wooden framed / glass sliding doors?
We had issues with black spots due to the refracting / reflecting I suppose. We have tried scanning at different heights but feel camera is a little too confused still and cannot produce data, hence blackness.
We ideally do not want to cut out as there is a nice walk-through to a back room but would welcome ideas.
Thank you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Stingo

Welcome to the Forum. Great question.

We discuss this exact problem - and solutions - in this We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Brain Teasers

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

Pro 1, 5/24/16, prior to November firmware update. Matterport handled it like a champ.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Stingo If there's a pool cover available I'd try scanning with that on and then take it off and scan again and in workshop disable the scans with the cover on.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That's great. Thank you Sir. We will take that on board for our next property as this one is now with client.
Post 5 IP   flag post
dorlando private msg quote post Address this user

Never knew a pool could cause issues, good to know. We had an indoor hot tub in this one and sent the Matterport in for a dip. Worked out well I thought.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Our swimming pool turned out fine on walk through and no 360 needed. However half pool was black in dollhouse.
We will look at the ways of eradicating that next time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101422 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?