Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
IndustryProblems

Private Matterport VR spaces?5146

Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
I know this subject has been touched on before but as a paying customer, purchaser of a camera, i feel matterport is missing a trick! I should be able to make certain scans private as directed or wanted by the customer full stop.
I know that matterport reads the posts so why would they not allow a certain number to be available for private use?
They are ample opportunities to gain extra work or work in projects if this was the case. So can anyone who has got a reply for this type of question answer it?
Its frustrating with new technology that the company providing it hinders its progress.
Post 1 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Briski2208

The only thing I know to reply is TOS. Did you not read it before you checked okay to buy the camera? We didn't either!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I never TBH, but a great deal of improvements has been implemented since I did purchase it & I see adding a private option as one, even if it's just two a month your allowed. So who knows maybe they will realise there is potential in earning more revenue. I wonder how many more cameras would be purchased & what the extra revenue would be for Matterport if this was the case?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Call me a Matterbaby. I've been crying about this for quite some time. Your tours are out there for the taking. That's why I don't share direct Matterport links and encourage others not to.

Simply embed the link into your page and disable the right click option to limit the people who can see your source code. One day the word will make it to a real estate marketing event and many people will learn how to exploit the work we shot by figuring out the Matterport links (M=??????).

Most likely during the next recession is when this will be paid attention to. Night club promoters will advertise club tables as their own, concierge services will share ballroom spaces, agents will share new homes and other listings as their own similar to what they do with IDX today.

With Matterport shoot prices plummeting, I see nobody taking this precaution and they will have no revenue left to secure the tours and links on their own page. When they start realizing their added site visits will help with SEO, it will be too late and they'll get frustrated with their hosting company charging them for higher traffic.

So the links get exposed and the person who paid us to shoot has nothing exclusive. Just like an exclusive listing agent has nothing exclusive but a front yard to hang a sign in while the rest of their material is left out there for the taking.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I understand yours & other people's frustrations. I'm more for heavy industry & power companies who want this type of tech and a professional touch which Matterport gives, but would like for security purposes a limited to private showcase.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
So have you embedded the tours on your site requiring a login to view? I would suppose that is the most security any of us could offer. We're still vulnerable to Matterports Terms of Service. If we add details about the company in the Showcase, the company could eventually be found if Matterport decides to expose our titles and what not for SEO purposes. And you cannot protect your client from that. You leave the details blank, you have a thin blanket of protection.

Similar to MSP's verifying an address, will allow Realtor.com to share the wrong tour we uploaded. The less we share with Matterport or less we share of their links, we can offer a couple shallow sheets to deter the lazy theives who are looking to exploit our clients product.

Definitely not fail safe. But possibly enough security to those chaps look on to a more vulnerable piece to steal from another Matterport user.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I don´t want to shock you, but if a MP space is public every script kiddy has more access to the content as you as a MSP if you don´t want to violate against the MP legals.

There is no way to protect the source code as also any image content when an iframe method is used in the current MP way. Also you could access/download all panoramas and single pics used in a tour, even from turned off viewpoints as they are just hidden and not disabled for access.

You give up all control and rights in the moment you send the data from your iPad to the MP Cloud:
"... you give Matterport an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transmit and distribute any such material you submit, without any payment or accounting to you or others ..."
Post 7 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
The above legal text as also the embedded one in the viewer is from 2016.
Here´s the latest: https://matterport.com/terms-of-use-2/
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?