Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesOutdoorsReal Estate

360 Views and Snapshots Only?5127

skyblue1 private msg quote post Address this user
I have just received my Pro2 camera and are starting doing some scans for my current property listings (I am a real estate agent.

A couple of the listings are just land so I was just planning on doing some 360 panos and snapshots. My question is what is the best way to do this?. I understand I cannot upload for processing without any scans.

Therefore what work arounds are people using in similar circumstances. Dan I would also like to thank you for creating this great forum.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't done this, but I imagine you could scan a room in your house, and then attach 360's to that tour. I'm not sure, but you might be able to do 360's of a bunch of different lots and attach all of them to the original room-in-your-house-tour and only get charged one processing fee (again, not sure on this so wait until you hear from more experienced members!).

If Matterport is going to charge a processing fee for each 360, you probably would be better off buying a Ricoh Theta, etc.

I'll be curious to hear others on the forum weigh in. I haven't offered 360's for lots or done them on my own lot listings, but I think it's a great idea!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
What @Rootsyloops suggests should work fine. If you don't need/want a 3D model, you could just add the 360s to any model that you already have on your iPad.

Or... you could try to get some outside 3D data by choosing the time of day just right (i.e., when the sun goes down over the horizon).
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a previous thread where this was discussed.
clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
skyblue1 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the replies. Based on the feedback I am going to set up a model with a few scans (which I will not use)and then use this to take the 360's for the blocks/lots I have for sale. I will keep using/reloading as I do more 360 scans.I will then be able to keep the originals all in the 1 place.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@skyblue1 I personally think that that's a good idea.

Matterport may consider adding 'Core360' - a mode in Workshop that allows free shooting of 360s with GeoCoordinates from the Pro-2 camera. No 3D Model. If they want, they could treat 100 360s as 1 model. They could then have a special player for their Matterport Core 360 that doesn't utilize 3D.

It would also be nice if Matterport had a mode where you could shoot an outside tour with the Pro-2 that created Street View-ready tours that also played without true 3D ...

These two things don't really play into their value proposition of what Matterport is -- but it would provide a solution for people who want to offer tours* of master planned communities and resorts that have both indoor and outdoor areas and to use MatterTags to link them.

I'm going off on a tangent. I think it's a good idea to just have one model and to keep adding 360s to it as it is a way of identifying to Matterport that there's a problem that needs a solution.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?