Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Bummer - Didn't Win Project5105

Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I have been talking to a luxury apartment company and sent a couple of my samples. I didn't get the work, here are her comments:

"I think the biggest differentiating factor I noticed was the attention to detail. In your home renderings, I could see your tripod and camera in shadows on the wall, as well as in a mirror in the upstairs bedroom. Our whole company has a great eye for detail and some of the other companies we looked at had some unique additional features in their renderings as well – ex. Ability to change flooring options, wall colors, turn on lights, etc."

Good feedback on the camera shadows and captured in mirrors. The leading company is ARX Solutions https://www.arxsolutions.com
All of the work that I saw on their website were still pictures with slow zoom in and out. There is no way to compete with someone who can change flooring options, wall colors, turn on lights, etc.
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Did there RFP say anything specific about how the renderings where to be created?

What was your final collateral? Just the MP Showcase? Or did you take the .obj/cloudpoint files and create a full new render?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
There was no RFP, they just asked me to send samples. I'm a new provider, I don't know how to do a .obj/cloudpoint file. Do you know where I can learn? Thanks for your comment and help.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@Ghagendorf I wonder if they just wanted to see what a Space in Showcase looked like?

The difference between what a visualization company like ARX Solutions provides and what you provide with a MP Showcase is no comparison, nor in the same ball park for cost.

Where to learn? Start with something simple like SketchUp and take some online classes in 3D design, then move into animation and game engines like Unity 3D.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101737 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?