Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV17PricingStrategy

Where Are You Publish to Street View?5103

LeventeSolczi private msg quote post Address this user
Do You know about Matterport - Google Street View solution?

I asked Matterport, they said: We will send you a mail about gsv using by myself... but there is no answer.

I would like to put my modells on google street view, but i don't know how.

I read a lot... but nothing.

I am sorry but there are a lot of strange things about the futurama... so i had bad strand: like this: What if... Google SV workers (worldwide) get some MP pro2 cameras... and goooo like google street view offer the MP solution.

Just think about it: 2 in 1... would you like to be on GSV? yes... we can make it MP....

I just wondering about GSV "silence" and promises with no answers...
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Moving from a different discussion today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by @justinv
The GSV is still being worked on but no release date.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
[Matterport writes today Tuesday, 25 July 2017] on publishing from the Matterport platform to GSV.

Issues lay on the Google team as the SV publishing API is buggy and
should have never been released into the wild until there was parity with the deprecated editor.
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

That is why the other day when you projected September, I said "that might be too soon"!

I would rather them hold off and until they get it right. Who wants to go back and try to explain to a customer why it is buggy?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv

Yes. When I predicted two months ago ...

Matterport to Google Street View: Sept 2017?

As part of my coverage of the Google Street View Summit in Tokyo (10-11 May 2017), it seemed obvious to me that Matterport advertising "this summer" [2017] was overly optimistic (because it was evident that Google API (beta at the time), was too buggy (based on my in-person discussions with CTO's of companies attending the Summit in Tokyo.

[Noteworthy, as reported elsewhere in the We Get Around Network Forum, Matterport has removed all its home page references to Google Street View "This Summer" ...

As I wrote, "And while Matterport's history of announcing delivery dates - and missing by as much as nearly a year in some cases, in this instance, I believe the delay will be caused by Google."

"While Google is making reasonable effort to have its API exit beta testing by the end of Summer, I believe they will miss either because of something unexpected or features that Camera companies are requesting or simply debugging."

So, yes. It seems obvious that Matterport will not be ready this summer with offering publish to Google Street View AND, I may have been too optimistic about saying, "September 2017" ....

And, too bad about 2.5D experience - as reported above - not being ready at launch. This feature would have given Matterport Pros a huge leg up on creating Google Street View Tours by taking advantage of the depth data that the Matterport Camera captures.

It's too bad that Matterport killed @Metroplex360 MP2SV service. We (all) could have been publishing to Google Street View with MP2SV until Matterport was ready to launch. (A missed opportunity for Matterport to have given the Community a head start on publishing Matterport Spaces to Google Street View.

And, while you can export 360ºs from Matterport, my impression is that Matterport is NOT giving us the full, robust image. So, while their advertising claims X quality with Pro2; on the 360º export front, Pro2 owners do not get the full benefit of what the Camera has captured (and advertised).

Perhaps some of the Pros that work intimately with Google Street View and Matterport can explain the Pro2 resolution captured versus the 360º exported.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
"Currently we are examining instances where MP Spaces have scans at multiple heights..."

There's a little meta tag that you add to the pano called 'altitude'. Matterport already stores this data for each pano - as well as already organizes into levels (floors). This could be added in a day, then tested and ready within a week. Easily.

https://developers.google.com/streetview/publish/reference/rest/v1/photo#Pose

"our developers have multiple projects to juggle..."

This is kinda telling. It sounds to me like they don't have someone dedicated to this right now.

--

If I worked for Matterport and was dedicated to the GSV Platform ... I'd likely be demotivated due to how frustrating GSV is. It's inferior to Showcase. The only thing that is useful is that panos display on Google Maps -- but even then, they aren't very visible. The value plummeted when Google decided to remove the 'See Inside' icon from place listings. Decisions like this are absolutely frustrating to GTPs (Google Trusted Photographers) and undoubtedly to platform developers like Matterport, GoThru, PanoSkin, etc. Their job is to professionally make lemonade out of the lemons they've been given. GSV is an EXCITING term and people are interested in it -- but as a platform, it could be -SO MUCH BETTER-.

--

One more thing ....

360 Snapshots are < the Google Trusted resolution requirements. They should not be posted.

If Matterport allowed all panos to be exported and simply added positioning meta data relative to the Google Place ID GeoCoordinates (where you verify the address -- Matterport save this information) -- you could upload them to GoThru.co and moderate the connections there and then publish quite easily.

--

Love the Matterport Developers... Showcase is a work of art in my opinion. I cannot understand the hold up on GSV.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101428 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?