Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pricing

UK: Matterport Spaces Pricing by Matterport5083

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Forum Member sent me this...

If you are in the United Kingdom, how do you like Matterport competing with you?

Sign of things to come around the globe?

Dan

----

Hi Dan

For Your Information

Matterport [bought] [Niche Communications], the largest Estate Agent Service provider in the UK (80 employed photographers/staff) 18 Matterport cameras in November 2016. I have approached them for a quote for their services and this is what I got:

Epc’s,Floorplana and photos.
£110 – Floorplan of any size and 8 professional photos.
£140 – EPC/Floorplan of any size and 8 professional photos.
*additional photos are charged at £5 per shot.

Matterport 3d Showcases.
*Prices for residential properties for both inner and outer London

Ordered with any other product OUTER INNER
3D Showcase (1-2 Bedrooms) £50 £40
3D Showcase (3-4 Bedrooms) £60 £50
3D Showcase (5-6 Bedrooms) £80 £70
Ordered as a standalone product OUTER INNER
3D Showcase (1-2 Bedrooms) £80 £70
3D Showcase (3-4 Bedrooms) £90 £80
3D Showcase (5-6 Bedrooms) £110 £100

(EPC = Energy Performance Certificate)

I thought it would be a great idea to use them as a MSP and just do the marketing, but they are now offering this price to the estate agents as well destroying all value of the Matterport service.

This was a deal done directly out MP head office, but it is destroying the value of the MSP business in the UK. A number of prospective MP buyers I have spoken to have now put the purchase of MP cameras on hold.

Kind regards

[Redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Post 2 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

They "closed the pilot in US" just to do one in UK? Really!?
Post 3 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
Best practice to destroy professional minded people and... Matterport business :-(
Post 4 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
Corporate greed. They can't help but play both ends. I can't wait for a competitor to release something close to Matterport!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
It could be worse, HOUSELENS!
Post 6 IP   flag post
RichardByers private msg quote post Address this user
For someone like myself who is wanting to use the Matterport as part of my business startup and service provision it makes me very nervous to invest in this.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
So much crossover it's like spaghetti junction. I'm assuming they are breaking no laws by directly competing against people who bought cameras from them?

If you want to travel around London to scan a 1-2 bed home for £40 then feel free. By the time you've travelled across the city to do another one it will be the end of the day. And even then I'm assuming you won't get the full £40. Even if you do, minus £10 off your tube travel or petrol for the day.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Oh and Dan, could you please ensure that nichecom link is not a followed link please. In fact, please could you remove the link and replace with the regular word. This thread may end up getting a number of comments and from a highly ranked site, which would help nichecom outrank other UK MSPs for any related key terms.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Baxter

Done

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
40 pounds is only about $53 U.S how would they be able to afford to do that? If they had an employee doing the scan wouldn't the wage, monthly fee's, travel be more than that? If they have private contractors doing the scans who would do it for that kind of money? As they would be giving the contractor only a percentage of that. I have no idea but are two bedrooms in the Uk very small?. Where the whole area can be done with 4 or 5 scans and in and out in 10 minutes
Post 11 IP   flag post
It will likely become a quality issue. Pay people in peanuts and monkeys will follow.

I can't find the news of this acquisition anywhere though, so let's wait and see if this is definitely factual.
Post 12 IP   flag post
JAX1979 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
40 pounds is only about $53 U.S how would they be able to afford to do that? If they had an employee doing the scan wouldn't the wage, monthly fee's, travel be more than that? If they have private contractors doing the scans who would do it for that kind of money? As they would be giving the contractor only a percentage of that. I have no idea but are two bedrooms in the Uk very small?. Where the whole area can be done with 4 or 5 scans and in and out in 10 minutes

We do not price property on square footage here, and not a massive market for MSP on the house selling front, most agents if using it will have their own camera and use it as a lose leader so they can get the instruction / market share.

Add that to average fees circa 1% for house selling you can see its tight!

- Also you guys will have to contend with the likes of PurpleBricks soon - so much fun!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Baxter Even if there was not an acquisition that is the pricing they are advertising on their site. Still don't get how they can offer it at that price? What is the average wage per hour in the U.K?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Minimum is now £7.50 but average is probably between £10-15 across the board. What a strange situation, looking forward to understanding more about what's going on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
One major issue that hasn't really been discussed is processing fees.

When we saw the San Francisco pilot project it looked like Matterport was covering costs associated with the program and then doing a profit split with the MSP. They specifically mentioned marketing as a cost, but I have to assume processing fees were also covered by Matterport and not the MSP working for a small fixed rate.

So my concern is that if/when Matterport decides to compete against its own clientele by setting up their own scanning services, it's really doing so at an unfair advantage. They charge MSPs a processing fee, but if they are processing their own models it is essentially "free" to them. (Even if they put it on the books as a cost on one side, it's profit on the other, and so it washes out).
Post 16 IP   flag post
PANOPTICMOTION private msg quote post Address this user
We can confirm 100% that this is not the case. Matterport have not bought Niche.
Post 17 IP   flag post
That's good to hear. Who confirmed it for you?
Post 18 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport
Post 19 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
I contacted the UK representative and they´ve confirmed this is a false rumour.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Dan Smigrod has some backpedaling to do this week about a meeting in regards to the UK Matterport Space Pricing Program. The program is believed to have been linked to the Bay Area Secret Scan Pilot Program. Dan issued a statement that he will answer questions 'when the time is right'.

Dan has been working some late hours sifting through as many as 30,000 post ratings, thread alert and anonymous emails that question Matterports integrity. Dan has been spotted in other topics awake as late as 3am trying help others with another tragedy of an App Crash.

Officials do not believe the crash is related to the UK Matterport Space Pricing Program. However, there could be a link with dtavres feeling a California aftershock from the Bay Area Secret Scan Pilot Program.

Since the launch of WGAN-TV, Matterport has been suspected of sifting through forums and insisting MSP's do not "contribute to the fire".

Some providers have found that making silly posts about the company can offer a fast track to the customer service line over traditional avenues such as; calling in, using chat windows or filling out customer service request forms that can take days to get a response.

After gaining statements from @mp2fp, @justinv, & @PANOPTICMOTION.
WGAN has concluded that Niche Media is in fact offering Matterport Services with the purchase of 18 cameras. Niche Media services a large chunk of areas between the UK and South Africa. But found nothing indicating price.

Another theory shows the company name of Niche Media may have been crossed with another UK-based company titled "Virtual Walkthrough" purchased last year by Matterport. As to whether these companies are working out a deal, there has been no evidence sharing this collusion. Investigators are hoping you can help by encouraging this individual to share the details of their estimate

Current WGAN-TV UK Analyst @GarySnyder was out of the UK, following a story down in Antarctica and was unable to be reached. Some say he has yet to reach a cell phone tower, others believe the penguins got to him, Global warming came up, but the story got spun into being China's fault. Other believe Gary was trying to avoid the meeting with Dan altogether.

Dans source is rumored to have six degrees of separation to a Russian contact who became infatuated with the "Play I Spy to boost social engagement" topic. Gary took had his secretary help him escape the meeting with an emergency trip down south.

All we can do at this time is wait and see if we can get the information!

Post 21 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
He took a trip down South on his Secretary? When did the Clinton's become a part of this? Lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello Matterport,

I apologize for posting inaccurate info about Matterport buying a company in Europe that would compete with Matterport Service Providers:

I did not know this was not true when I published it in the Forum in this discussion.

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
You got the call, didn't you? I may need to re-think this WGAN-TV Satire Analyst gig. Sorry if I fueled the fire someone else couldn't spark.
So I dedicated a song to cool the hot spots.
Post 24 IP   flag post
101636 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?