Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingStrategy

Where's Matterport's We-Get-Around account?5045

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
And so I can't help but wonder why considering there are way more MSPs that use this forum than Matterport's own forum that they don't seem to have an account on this forum. I searched for the username Matterport and nothing came up.

This forum is by far the best pilot platform they could get. Rather than react to what we say here, they could be pro-active and ask before they implement such an imbecilic program that has caused steam to come out of so many MSP's ears. Seems that they are in the business of P!55ing people off and then apologizing as well as the 3D business.

I can't believe that some of the marketing people at Matterport are that brain dead that they couldn't foresee the amount of MSP's this would upset. For such a smart product and the people that created it, you really have employed some not so smart marketers.

Get on board with We-get-around.com and be PRO-ACTIVE and instead of reactive. Its kinda silly don't ya think to answer on your own forum something that you are reading on this forum when answering our cry's. You should have an account with Dan and answer your MSP's concerns directly by posting here.

You'd take our temperature more accurately by asking us about such programs before implementing them. I can hear you say, ask? Its our product, why should we ask? Well if you care about what your customers think as they are the ones that keep you in business, then its a good idea not to P!55 them off.

If you want to copy your responses or questions to your own forum, fine, Im sure that Dan won't mind if it makes you feel better.
Post 1 IP   flag post
GaryQuigg private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of the Google Business Photos (providing the "See Inside" panoramas linked to Streetview) program - initially very strict with who could get (and stay) on the programme and quality was the main driver for the first few years. Photographers could set their prices according to their market. Now they have thrown it open to anyone who publishes 50 panoramas and no quality control. They own the platform and they set the rules.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryQuigg
Reminds me of the Google Business Photos (providing the "See Inside" panoramas linked to Streetview) program - initially very strict with who could get (and stay) on the programme and quality was the main driver for the first few years. Photographers could set their prices according to their market. Now they have thrown it open to anyone who publishes 50 panoramas and no quality control. They own the platform and they set the rules.

Totally agree. In addition, when Google killed the see inside image on the places infograph, they essentially hid the tours, dumping thumbnails of every single pano in the image gallery and leaving GTPs to apologize, apologize and make excuses for the largest IT company company in the universe.

I have not sold a street view tour without having to explain how people are supposed to find it, and I feel a bit disingenuous. GSV is without value of people can't easily access it.

Additionally, Street View's user experience doesn't hold a candle to Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101438 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?